• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RangerJ

1. RangerJ

Gear indicator part

Thanks, I believe that's it.
  2. RangerJ

Gear indicator part

What is the proper name for this part that shows what gear truck is in .And where can I get one? Thanks 2006 Ranger XLT 4X4 automatic,121,000 miles,4.0.
  3. RangerJ

2006 4.0 4x4 auto xlt. been siting 3 years 121.000 miles

Thanks for your response and information, I will check those things.
  4. RangerJ

2006 4.0 4x4 auto xlt. been siting 3 years 121.000 miles

I have an elderly friend who owns the above mentioned truck, she said she was trying to start it 3 years ago with jump starter and sparks flew from passenger side of engine compartment. now nothing happens with a new battery. I attached a new battery and dash lights came on but no sound when I...
  5. RangerJ

4x4 control module,1994 ranger

I was once found a tutorial here on how to check the 4x4 system and control module,can someone help me find it again. I searched but didn't find it.Thanks
  6. RangerJ

Need Help-4x4 frustation

I have a 1994 Ranger 4x4 manual tranmission,4x4 is push button on the dash. I have replaced the 4x4 control module.dash switch,transfer case shift motor,and the pigtail in the dash behind the 4x4 switch. 4 high works everytime with no issues but 4 low has issues still,when I engage 4 low...
  7. RangerJ

2002 4x4

I am still looking to buy another Ranger,this time I have found a 2002 4x4,auto trans,appears to be in good shape based on pics.Was this a good year for the Rangers,If anyone has any advice please share with me.Thanks
  8. RangerJ

4X4 dash switch wiring pigtail

I have a 1994 Ranger 4x4 manual trans and hubs,4.0.I have been having issue off and on with the 4 wheel drive not engaging and difficulty disengaging.Mechanic says he has found the problem with the wiring in the dash behind the 4x4 dash switch.When he wiggled the wires the 4x4 would engage as...
  9. RangerJ

Any issues with 1997 Rangers

I am looking to buy another Ranger,a 1997 one owner 4.0 auto trans 4x4 Asking to see if this was a bad year for Rangers.Any particular issues etc.Thanks Hubs have been converted to manual.
  10. RangerJ

Cleaning stained aluminum wheels

I have tried the basic wheel cleaners with no luck.
  11. RangerJ

4X4 low light flashes

1994 Ranger XLT 4x4 manual,4.0. I replaced the 4x4 control module from a salvage yard and it worked well several times but this morning when I started the truck the 4x4 low light was on the dash switch but the 4x4 was not engaged so after pressing the switch a few times the light went off. I...
  12. RangerJ

4X4 push button switch removal.

I have 1994 Ranger 4x4 the push button hi low switch is bad I have a replacement,what is the easiest/safest way to remove the bad switch from the dash panel? Thanks
  13. RangerJ

Tool Box Issue

I swapped my toolbox from an 89 to a 94 Ranger and now the lid will not close properly.Can anyone provide info on how to adjust the latch? I Googled but couldn't find anything,Thanks
  14. RangerJ

2003 Ranger question

Well after 10 years my 89 2.9 finally died, I have found a 2003 Ranger 4x4 xlt auto with 152,000 mikes for a replacement .Does anyone have any info pros and cons or any issues with this year model? Thanks
  15. RangerJ

How to replace headlight assembly

1989 Ranger XLT, I have 2 new headlight assembly unit to install, but before I start I am asking for advice to make the process easier,any tips,shortcuts, etc. If anyone has replaced the entire units -please share your tips.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad