• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RangerJoey

1. RangerJoey

Por15 question on underside of truck bed

Super helpful! Thank you so much! I know it's tedious, but the more I thought about, I started thinking of where the high heat should stop, if there was a loss of protection, blah blah blah. Going to pickup my order with confidence. Thanks again!
  2. RangerJoey

Por15 question on underside of truck bed

Hello, I'm trying to restore a 99 XLT with a full bed and currently have the bed off. On the passenger side of the bed, it looks like there were 2 heat shields that rusted off. Since the bed is removed, I was going to coat the underside with POR15. I have an order for the regular preventative...
  3. RangerJoey

Replacing Bottle Jack for 98-11: Emergency Use Only

Man, this is all great advise - I'm glad I posted. I saw this deal and figured, "hey, it's got to be better than a 20+ year old OEM", right? Well last night, I finally found my OEM one. The point about the straddle is very real and when you reference it with the rear jack point in the manual...
  4. RangerJoey

Replacing Bottle Jack for 98-11: Emergency Use Only

Hi All, I saw a Torin Big Red 6 Ton bottle jack on Amazon today for $21 and was thinking of picking one up to replace the OEM bottle jack for the 98-11 generation, (maybe applies to others as well). Luckily, I haven't had to use the OEM one, but given its age, I wouldn't mind throwing $20ish to...
  5. RangerJoey

Has anyone looked at their rear sway bar bushings before?

o_O Thanks for following up! I'm betting you went the better route. Given the size of the stock bar, (16mm), I was stuck looking for universal bushings. There are some out there, but I just had a feeling they weren't what I was looking for. Like thing a small compact car. Usually when the...
  6. RangerJoey

When you bought that Hellwig, did it include bushings already? I'm having a heck of a time tracking anything down for the 5/8 "stock" Ranger size. It seems like no one makes bushings for the 93-97 generation, (the one the article mentioned uses a 5/8 bar), and the only other options seem to...
  7. RangerJoey

Just updating to what should've been a hour job that's now pushing a week or so and met with another issue. In this article, towards the bottom, it mentions rear sway bars from 93-97 were mostly 5/8". Unfortunately, no mention of post-97. The Moog replacements (K201284) list an inner diameter...
  8. RangerJoey

You sir, are totally correct! Looking at the rust around those "nails" led me to think they were some sort of fastener that connected an inner bushing to the main bushing, (the second photo kind of shows that smaller circle inside the sway bar bushing). But you're right on point. Took a...
  9. RangerJoey

Got to grab some more pics from the camera, but finally uploading from my phone. I only have some closeups of the underside of the bushings that attach to the axle, (please ignore where I was about to hacksaw through). And thanks Scott! I knew I wasn't crazy. It's just so odd these aren't...
  10. RangerJoey

Hi Guys, I was replacing the end link bushings in the rear and figured I'd take off the actual sway bar bushings, (that attach on the axle), while I was at it. Was going smoothly enough until I went to remove the rear sway bar bushings. These things look bulkier than the Moog replacements...
  11. RangerJoey

Replacing Rear Sway Bar & Sway Bar Link Bushings

Hi All, These boards and YouTube are full of great information and so many how-to's. Every now and then, I notice one random thing I can't seem to track down. Pretty sure a how-to on bushings to the rear sway bar is a unicorn. It seems pretty straightforward so I'm guessing that's why there's...
  12. RangerJoey

Why are CV Axles different after 2002?

I can't thank you guys enough! Don, I'm sure whoever you work for is happy you're on their team. I just couldn't understand why no one's ever addressed the axle/hub discrepancy before. But it's all making sense now. Looking at the parts, I think I'm going with the hubs from the later Ranger...
  13. RangerJoey

OMG Don, where did you get all this information? This is amazing! And maybe there's no Ford engineer to confirm, but your suspicions about the shortening on the CV axles in later years seems solid. I plan on doing an entire suspension overhaul so maybe droop wouldn't be a huge concern, but...
  14. RangerJoey

Totally with you. To be honest, this thing won't see much mud. I just want a more reliable 4WD if/when I need it. I had just hoped buying the right parts was going to be more clear cut.
  15. RangerJoey

Here’s you chance to warn me about the 2006 Explorer

Just chiming in here: I have an 2006 V8 with selectable 4WD. Transmission is good, but 1st gear is dog. The thing really wants to live in 4th and almost temps you to open up too much. Only saying that because I do a lot of city driving and at a light, always annoyed with "launch". Once I hit...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad