• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rangerx2

1. Rangerx2

Ford Announced The 2024 Ford Ranger Today (5/10/23)

Build/price is available now and Ford is starting to take orders for it. My initial thoughts: I like it but not enough to run out and stand in line to place an order for one of the first units. As I say with every new vehicle, wait it out a year or two to give Ford a chance to get past the new...
  2. Rangerx2

Redneck Motorhome

Update on Project 'Redneck Motorhome': The F-150 ended up gettin' traded off a couple months ago after over 41/2 years of numerous problems. I finally realized that it was a colossal money pit and bid it a fond farewell. When I realized I really don't need a truck right now at all I decided to...
  3. Rangerx2

Looking at used Rangers

I'm assuming most owners are not like people on this forum and would not have replaced timing chains every 100k mikes. Besides, from what I've seen on a YouTube video, this is a job that requires removal of the motor and a complete teardown. Most techs recommend replacing all timing chains at...
  4. Rangerx2

Looking at used Rangers

I'm considering buying a late-model Ranger, preferably with 4x4. I know after 2000 most, if not all 4x4's were equipped with the 4.0 SOHC (a few 4x4 3.0's runnin' around but not many. I'm willing to buy something with up to 150,000 miles. My question is, how durable are the SOHC motors? I've...
  5. Rangerx2

FX2

Yeah I was actually just pricing one out one on Ford's website. Seems like a pretty good deal. Gives you the locking rear diff, All-Terrain tires, and it might alter the suspension some too. It does mandate the STX package on the XL, but the STX is fair amount of content for the $$. I was...
  6. Rangerx2

Buying my first truck - please help!

That's because nobody knows how to take responsibility for their own stupid crap these days! No matter what happens it's always somebody else's fault...
  7. Rangerx2

GREAT NEWS GUYS

Just tell 'em you're doing research. You're researching the competition so you can make your own product that much better;)
  8. Rangerx2

1988 Ranger Restoration - Keeping a Promise

What's it have, the 6.2 gas? Everyone seems to want diesels these days. And even the XLT trim is now considered by many to be "the base work truck". Really? What's that make my XL? LOL Everyone's into the ultra-luxury trucks that cost 5x times more than my first house! BTW I won't mention...
  9. Rangerx2

Stepside 1st gen

Very cool find there Shran! Come to think of it I remember seeing a few S-10 stepside's back in the 80's & 90's. I also remember seeing one, maybe two 1st-gen Dakota's with a stepside bed done up in the Lil' Red Express theme. At first I thought that was something someone built but now I'm...
  10. Rangerx2

Come to think of it Petroleum Junkie I think I remember seeing your frame donor truck in the local Craigslist here in Pgh. Sad to see another old Ranger die but glad you got it and are able to use the parts off of it. I see you're using a Ford Super Duty to tow it home with. Have you finally...
  11. Rangerx2

Does the Upstart Ford Ranger Take Down the Best-Selling Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro? Off-Road Smackdown

I didn't realize Renault had controlling interest of Nissan. This doesn't look good for Nissan's future as a company. Pretty much everything Renault touches turns to :censored:. Just ask AMC! I think Renault even had a hand in designing the 6.0 Powerstroke if I'm not mistaken right? Look...
  12. Rangerx2

Happy early Birthday to both you and your truck Junkie! That is really cool that you and the truck were both born on the same day! But see now you went ahead and ruined its birthday surprise. You're gonna have to get it a different gift now! LOL:ROFLMAO:
  13. Rangerx2

I think he already is a Ford man, he just won't give us the satisfaction of admitting it! Truck's lookin' good Junkie! I like the cap I thin it looks good on there. But that's just me. I love the off-road style front bumper you've got on there.
  14. Rangerx2

New Cap

That looks good! I like caps for all the reasons you mentioned and more; and have had one on most of my trucks now. In fact my first two Rangers both wore the same aluminum model that was passed around the family for 15 years! Over time the competition will catch up to Leer as you said and...
  15. Rangerx2

New RTR and RTR Rambler package..

I'd never heard of RTR. Their take on the Ranger looks like a cool little truck but too pricey and I'm way over with the trend on blacked-out trim. I'm more old-school; give me chrome! I want my truck to shine, not look like Knight Rider goes 4-wheelin'!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad