• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rattler

1. 2004 4.0 Manual Trans quit on me on the road. This truck's first ever problem.

Well, it looks like we lost a timing chain tooth. 269,000 plus miles with no problems. I certainly cannot complain.
  2. 2004 4.0 Manual Trans quit on me on the road. This truck's first ever problem.

Hey Fellas! Coming back from the grand daughter's softball practice last night...old faithful quit on me. I was pulling up to the light in my neighborhood, and she said, "I'm out!" Still had lights out the ying yang, radio playing the game, no prob. Turn the key to restart; very weak, dragging...
  3. 2004 4.0 A/C Challenge

Hey Y'all! I have been wrestling with my A/C lately. I start the vehicle, and nothing for a few miles to several miles. Eventually it grabs and the world is great. I have replaced both pressure switches, but still the same thing. After the pressure switches, I am pretty much lost as to what to...
  4. Bench test 5R55E Transmission???

Hey guys/gals, Is it possible to bench test an automatic transmission before you put it in? My 2001 B4000 trans seems to have lost 2nd and 3rd gear somewhere...:shok: Anyway I got another trans, just am looking for an edge. I don't want to put a bunch of junk back in, as I already have that! Ha...
  5. Trans compatibility question, could be trouble.

Hey guys, I try not to bug anyone, you know, try to read before I ask and all. Thing is, I have a tranny out in my 2001 B4000 Dual Sport. I know it's a Mazda and all, but everything is FLM under the hood. Getting to the question, can you put a trans from a Ranger in a Mazda? The trans code is...
  6. 2001 3.0 fit in 2002 with same engine?

Hey guys, Going out of my wheel house on this one. I have been a 4 banger for longer than I can remember, but the opportunity for an extended cab just showed up on my door. I love my Lima, but dogs have forced me to up size. Yes, dogs. A Catahoula has upended my life. Hag! Enough blabber. My...
  7. R1 trans replacement question

I've read till I'm blind. Oh crap! I can't see! :) I have a 94 XLT with a 5 speed that has finally succumbed at 342K. My question is are all of these trannys the same over the years, or do I need to stay in a certain year model range? Signed Confused, in Spring Texas
  8. 94 Ranger insanity

Hey guys, I just swapped an engine. I have done the following: Timing belt Crank position sensor New plugs all the way around Swapped coil packs Cleaned MAF Cleaned IAC Idles rough, when I give it gas it misses out the back. I am a bit of a desperado here, gettin' edgy. Can someone draw a...
  9. To camshaft pos. sensor, or not?

New guy here, a little embarrassed to ask this question in a room full of pros, but no pain, no gain. I replaced my 94 2.3 with another 94 2.3. This one is from a Mazda, and has a camshaft position sensor on the side of the block below the intake manifold. My other engine has it blocked off. Do...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad