• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RavenRanger01

1. RavenRanger01

Does anyone know what this connector is?

Yeah I read up that you "shouldn't reuse the knock sensor" .. But why would I anyway? Damn thing is original.. Only costs 50$ for a new one... So I am gonna replace it.
  2. RavenRanger01

Are these a pain or replace? I tried to trace the wire coming off the front but it gets lost behind so many hoses and the T stat, I can hardly get my mitts in there....
  3. RavenRanger01

Wires are frayed and looking to replace.. Can’t find much information regarding this one. I think it might be a knock sensor but i can’t tell. Wiring diagrams i have don’t really offer much help.. Located on the drinkers side near the 1st(?) cylinder? Any helpful information i’d appreciate
  4. RavenRanger01

How to best rewire battery terminals

Found a mess of a cob job under the hood and need help as to what a proper rewiring would look like… This is for 2003 XLT 4.0L V6. Hoping someone can draw a sketch as to what that would look like.. Here’s what is currently there:
  5. RavenRanger01

Recommendations for replacement stereo?

Hey gang! So I'm getting a bit tired of having to use a Bluetooth/FM transmitter to play music from another source other than just the standard radio/CD option in my 2003 Ranger XLT. I have been looking into replacement stereos that would make my listening pleasures far more convenient and...
  6. RavenRanger01

Front End Replacement 2003 Ranger

I recently have been chipping away at some front end suspension and slowly have been noticing that there is more work to be done than expected (tie rod, low ball joint, upper ball joint). I figured it might be best for me to just buy a kit and completely fix up the front end suspension. I began...
  7. RavenRanger01

Towing capacity?

It seems like what is being said by you has a discrepancy with what was said earlier in the thread by RonD Are you saying that WITH this particular trailer weight (being that it is accurate) i then have an ADDITIONAL 2900 Lbs left to hit maximum load OR is it that I have ~3,000 Lbs for trailer...
  8. RavenRanger01

Towing capacity?

I mean, that seems (for lack of better words) reasonable. For a truck that size, pulling about 1.5 tons seems at the very least, fair. I do wish there was a way to increase towing capacity other than for me to lose some weight or ditch my spare tire.. I am looking to buy and pull an older year...
  9. RavenRanger01

Hard/Rough Shifting Issue :(

I'm trying to figure out how to bleed the system. I'm not sure I want to mess with it too much because I've never had to do it before. plus I don't know if it is a two person job or not... I've seen a video where a guy bench bleeds the clutch. Any recommendations or reference material you suggest?
  10. RavenRanger01

Towing capacity?

Yeah mine is a manual. Seems like they don't include data for max trailer weight aside for 4x2 super cab... mine is an XLT which would be considered a super cab (no?) if the GCWR is 7000 then does that mean if I subtract my GVW and load I'm left with a reminder for trailer + trailer load...
  11. RavenRanger01

Towing capacity?

I'm curious what the towing capacity of my 2003 4.0 L XLT V6 4X4.. at some point I'd like to tow a camper trailer. thanks!
  12. RavenRanger01

Hard/Rough Shifting Issue :(

I had the clutch replaced in January. partially why this is such a concern to me is that I'm having an issue after they had changed the clutch. my worry is that it's not fully releasing and it's just been getting worn out.
  13. RavenRanger01

Planning to do full front/rear brake replacement

Okay, thanks for the precaution. As I am shopping and looking for the Rear Drum Brake Hardware kits they don't seem to specify the intention for either Driver-side or Passenger-side.. I will link some parts I found which I would like some input on before I buy them. The only real discrepency I...
  14. RavenRanger01

Planning to do full front/rear brake replacement

Hey gang. So I am looking to do all my brakes for my 2003 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOHC 4.0L V6 in the near future. Now, I do not have a lot of hours clocked doing brake replacements but I think I feel confident in my ability to do so... I am reaching out to see what recommendations or what forewarning...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad