• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RE2020

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Help ‘97 Ford Ranger

How would I go about doing this? Is there a video/link that I can go to for guidance on that?
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Help ‘97 Ford Ranger

Haha yeah I’d say so. I’m afraid to drive mine even though some people say it’s nothing to worry about but some are doomsdaying about it.
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Help ‘97 Ford Ranger

Okay gotcha. Thanks for the response. See I haven’t even really noticed a difference in the loudness of it. It stays about the same. Hey there, it actually only really does it at idle. At driving rpms I don’t really hear it. This morning I didn’t hear it at first at startup but then after it...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Help ‘97 Ford Ranger

T Thanks man! So I’ve used 5w20 for like 2 years and also put 5w20 in but with a different brand. Still a synthetic blend. As far as the timing chain, I’m not even really sure to be completely honest. I’m hoping it’s not anything that’ll pose any issues. I’ve been reading that 2.3’s can...
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Help ‘97 Ford Ranger

I had just changed my oil this morning on my 1997 Ford Ranger 2.3. I live in Tennessee and I have been using 5W20 for probably 2 years or so. This morning I used a different oil brand (probably has 0 relevance but I’m trying to troubleshoot) and changed my oil with the same filter I normally do...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad