• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Redranger90

1. Redranger90

Clutch swap?

So i picked up a 86 xlt with a 2.9l and a 5 spd for $60 that's right $60 for a running truck. The bad is the clutch is pooched. My question is can i use the clutch system out of a '93 5spd 3L in my '86?
  2. Redranger90

'90 ranger 2.9l dead again

Well its home now....drove home on its own power. Definitely electrical related,The pump relay only worked for the injectors so i bypassed the EEC to the pump by jumping the pump test port with a wire and she started up. When i got home though i disconnected the jump wire and to my surprise the...
  3. Redranger90

How will i know if the fusible link is dead ?
  4. Redranger90

I have 40 psi
  5. Redranger90

Can't Get '85 2.8 to run

Have you checked for spark at the plugs? Or checked the gap and condition of the plugs?
  6. Redranger90

Inertia switch is fine and working.
  7. Redranger90

A little back story to go off. I was out wheeling with friends and no problems. Went down a very steep embankment with a sudden drop and almost rolled it but managed to keep all 4 tires down. Went for a short drive down a dirt road ( the same one it sits on now). Stopped for a bit and shut it...
  8. Redranger90

Found a dead relay but parts store is closed so i jumped the connector so pump always runs. Checked for spark and i have plenty, air filter not clogged but still wont start this will be the 3rd night it sits on a dirt road, not in my driveway.
  9. Redranger90

No power to new fuel pump.

Ok guys its fixed. Finally. All electrical checked out with the multimeter my inertia switch is working correctly and I believe it was a combo between unseating and reseating the pins on the ECM and reseating the pins on the pump plug I can't say for sure but after I did those two items it's...
  10. Redranger90

Mine is a 9 4 wheel drive standard without AC thanks for the info it helped a lot
  11. Redranger90

Mine is a '90 4 wheel drive standard without AC
  12. Redranger90

I have a ECM from a 89 2 wheel drive Auto with a c but it's the same engine can I use that on my vehicle
  13. Redranger90

Thank you everyone I have a friend coming over with a digital multimeter and we're going to go through the wiring these diagrams really help I will let you know what I find this evening.
  14. Redranger90

'90 ranger 2.9 , just replaced the pump and sending unit but the pump won't turn on. I changed the relay , checked the inertia switch, wiring and fuse but still nothing no pressure to the regulator and cant hear the pump. HELP!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad