• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by retep88

1. retep88

3.5L ecoboost or bust

It snowed in Iowa today. It's all melted away now, but I took that as a sign that I should do my winter prep. Which included parking my tractor, draining the fuel out of the carb, and tarping it outside. This gave me time to reflect on how crappy this year has been... Hot rod power tour and...
  2. retep88

Need help with a question about new seats in my 99 XLT

I don't have my Wiring diagram book handy, but I think you will have to fashion a connector yourself. Fortunately the body wire harness runs down the trans tunnel into a connector under the driver seat so you should be able to find a power/ground. Just pull the carpet and you'll find it. I...
  3. retep88

3.5L ecoboost or bust

My Goldwing after I went on a ride tonight. It's an 82 GL1100 aspencade, which just means it had all the bells and whistles, most of which I have striped off :LOL:. I left the rear bags because they are supper handy to have and the trunk goes back on whenever I take the misses out. But the I...
  4. retep88

Used to death....

I am surprised it wasn't worn down to the fins.
  5. retep88

3.5L ecoboost or bust

One day you are stacking dimes, the next you have more filler on the tungsten then the part. I got another tube of the intercooler piping done and got rid of another coupler. This was a 90 degree one too so I am glad I could get rid of it; they tend to blow off. Of course this comes from...
  6. retep88

5.0 swap... unless you can come up with a better idea

it sounds like a bit of a down grade, but maybe think about a new 2.3L ecoboost? They will bolt up to the later model 2.3 ranger transmission and someone on the forum already swapped one into a truck. The Controller might be pricey if it's still offered from ford, but I don't think it would be...
  7. retep88

3.5L ecoboost or bust

well I did something stupid... I started mountain biking again. I used to go all the time when I was in highschool/college, but that was many years ago. We finally got some decent trails around me and I have been going with a friend from work (always ride with a wing man!). Monday I took a...
  8. retep88

3.5L ecoboost or bust

The best laid plans of mice and men.... This my friends is why you put cardboard or plywood or SOMEthing on your radiator why you are mocking up your engine bay. It's not great, but it's not so bad that I am going to replace it. Just annoying because it's my own stupid fault. The plan was...
  9. retep88

3.5L ecoboost or bust

I never said I was good at this whole blogging thing ;) I have a bunch of new tools, and I have been practicing, just not on the truck. I have been doing other side projects that make it easier to do stuff in the garage or keeps the wife happy and you ALWAYS want to keep the wife happy. I...
  10. retep88

3.5L ecoboost or bust

I am telling you... Welding is an art. An art that takes a LOT of practice.
  11. retep88

Turbos

Thread Jacked? Defiantly off topic. Poor guys just wanted to put a turbo on 3.0L. I would agree with other comments though, Unless you are good fabricator, have a bunch of spare parts, and don't mind used junk that might not work, 1000 ain't much to work with.
  12. retep88

Would like to go 65 on the highway

A compression test might be helpful as well. Help you narrow down if you are in the Lucky, semi-lucky, or unlucky categories. The test is pretty easy to perform and the tool isn't that expensive.
  13. retep88

3.5L ecoboost or bust

She knew what the price was before I bought it. We have had a struggle on what to do with the kid's bikes... They get in my way in the garage, so they end up in places the kids can't reach them, so she comes out to help. The kids leave them right inside the door blocking me off from the rest...
  14. retep88

3.5L ecoboost or bust

I have successfully joined two pieces of aluminum together... all I can say is that TIG welding is an art that takes practice and experience; spending a hour messing around in the garage doesn't yield pretty results. The Garage Clean up and Organization went OK though. There is still work to...
  15. retep88

3.5L ecoboost or bust

Weld Cart Done! I might need some counter weight on the front... but for now it seems okay. My goal was for someone to see it and say "well that seems a little over kill". It took my 300 lbs without any issue (I may have gone surfing across my driveway :LOL:). The welder is about 50 lb...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad