• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RJLougee

1. RJLougee

My 99 Ranger Build Thread

Thank you. Glad you asked, today's project... The plan is to cut away on the fender flare body line for clearance and I need to fab up a bracket/mount at the bottom to hold everything in place while driving. the "Flying Nun" look is not so cool on a Ranger... Joe
  2. RJLougee

And over the last couple days, I got the EFI tuned up pretty good, drove around in "Learn Mode" for a while, let it make changes to the base fueling map, etc... Not perfect, but getting better. Built a bumper for it, got the steel cable taken off the winch drum and replaced with some rope...
  3. RJLougee

Still plugging away... I mounted the Centramatic Wheel Balances on all four corners. I love these things, basically a thin metal plate with a bead around the outside edge, filled with oil and BBs that dynamically rebalances the wheels every time you take off. Even with 40s like these, I don't...
  4. RJLougee

And last, but not least. I built a bracket to hold the PS reservoir in place. A small plate bolts in over the hood hinge and is triangulated to the top of the shock tower. The reservoir itself is held in place with a QuickFist Superclamp mount. I use the same system on my buggy, been working...
  5. RJLougee

And for today, I got the rear bar cut/welded in for the shoulder straps of the 4-points to mount. Mounted up the belts as well. Some PRP Daily Driver seats with PRP 4.2 belt system. Other little tings include running the rear light wiring into some loom and getting it out of the way. As...
  6. RJLougee

Once I got it moving, then it was time to start testing stuff. One thing I noticed is that when I hit the switch for the OBA compressor, I could hear the electromagnet powering up, could see it was rotating and should be compressing air, but nothing was showing on the gauge. Some...
  7. RJLougee

Got a few things done. Drilled the holes and put the Rivnuts in the rear bumper for the rear lights. Bolted doen nicely...
  8. RJLougee

So, the first thing I didn't talk about is the steering column. I didn't like the previous versions with the 3/4" rod passing through a couple of heim joints, so I replaced that with some bronze oilite bushings in some DOM tubing. I didn't really like that some much either, so this is what I...
  9. RJLougee

And today, for the first time since I tore everything apart and started this build, I drove the Ranger!!! Not much, but pulled it out of the shop, took a tour of the back yard and then drove back over to the front apron on the shop. Still lots to do, but it runs and drives, so it's all little...
  10. RJLougee

Man, I'm looking at this page and realize there is a lot of stuff I did not document/upload over the last week or so. OK, I'll get to that in the next couple days.... I spent much of the last week working on the brake systems. Meaning... I had no brakes. I swapped out several different...
  11. RJLougee

So not a huge update, but this is the time that little changes take forever to actually build and implement. Got the dash all built. On the passenger side the part with the small cut-out (the Crane Ignition heat sink sits there, figured a little airflow couldn't hurt...) will actually drop...
  12. RJLougee

Yes, I commented on your build a while back, sweet looking rig! Joe
  13. RJLougee

And back to the grindstone..... The last couple days have been getting everything finalized to start the rig and today it finally happened. Set all of the electrical up on the passenger seat, just put together so it will work, "proof of concept" as it were... Once I got the base info/tune...
  14. RJLougee

So after all that work, I needed a break. I went up to my cabin by 11 Mile reservoir and spent a couple days relaxing. One afternoon I was sitting on the porch reading and looked up to find these browsing across the ridgeline below the cabin. Looked like a bachelor herd of about 12. Not...
  15. RJLougee

And time for an update... Been a busy couple of days. Got delayed by a radiator leak. Filled it up and it started leaking from a small nick in one of the tubes. Drained it, pulled it, took it to the local shop and $55 later, all fixed and pressure tested to 20#. Got it installed and no...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad