• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RoidedRanger

1. RoidedRanger

4.0 OHV runs like S#!* when clutch is released

ive been have a persistent and worsening problem with my 93 ranger ext cab 4x4 manual with a 4.0 OHV motor that's my daily driver. runs fine then all of a sudden and for no reason it will lose power start to miss (like its running on 3cylinders) and the engine will completely cut out over half...
  2. RoidedRanger

test-posting ability

testing to see if I can post a new thread
  3. RoidedRanger

My Explorer Stealth Snorkel with pics

im finishing up my stealth 3" snorkel setup for my MUD ONLY 99 explorer sport. after my original snorkel design let in mud/water after some hard mudding I decided id make a better design. original design basically ran out of the airbox and along the frame rail and went in place of the A/C drier...
  4. RoidedRanger

Explorer 4405 to 1354 E conversion use original GEM

just wanted to post up my 1354 swap on my mud/play 99 explorer sport 2dr automatic... after I broke the spider gears in the rear axle (sold and swapped the 8.8 to my cousin for his 7.5...long story) while playing in the mud I broke something or burnt the clutches up in my 4405 auto 4x4...
  5. RoidedRanger

AWD explorer t-case conversion to regular

So i think i broke the transfer case in my 99 explorer sport with AWD, it's clunking and won't hardly move the truck. I use it for strictly a mud truck and would like to get rid of the AWD feature all together and just have the normal 2hi-4hi-4lo. I don't care if it's electric or manual long as...
  6. RoidedRanger

Think I Broke My T-Case Last Night :(

a little back-story: so I bought a wrecked 99 explorer sport 4x4 for cheap that was totaled out. I bought it for strictly playing/beating on it in the mud (it has a set of 8-16 31" tractor tires on it). I sold the 8.8 rear and traded for a 7.5 with 3.73s out of my cousins mazda and welded the...
  7. RoidedRanger

99 Explorer airbox soaked

I got a wrecked 99 explorer sport 4x4 with a 4.0 to play around with for cheap. went playing in the mud last night and kept getting water/mud in the airbox. it soaked the airfilter and the dirty MAF is now making it run like crap. really put a buzz-kill on the night. lol I was wondering if...
  8. RoidedRanger

D35 Aussie Locker Try-Out

got my Aussie locker installed in the front last week and got to try it out sunday. was playing in 2wd for the first half then switched to 4x4. one of the best mods ive done. http://youtu.be/BRVusaHcJ6g
  9. RoidedRanger

unreal 4.0 fuel mileage

i got rid of a 94 ranger single cab short bed 4x4 4.0 5spd that i tried to make the most fuel efficient truck i could. kept it bone stock motor wise, stock height, non-aggressive tires 31" tires, 3.73 gears, manual lockouts, synthetic fluids, good alignment, etc. best ive EVER gotten fuel...
  10. RoidedRanger

Favorite guns to shoot?

without a doubt my savage 93R17 .17HMR is the overall funnest gun to shoot. ammo is relativly cheap and it doesnt kick. i have succsesfully taken a quarter out at 150yd. im waiting on a non-windy day to try and stretch out to the max at 350-400yd.:D but for bigger guns and hunting they...
  11. RoidedRanger

31" V-Tread Tractor Tires on a Stock Ranger 4x4

link to original thread about this. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122174 finally got to the mudhole last night to do some playing with the v-treads i bought for a pretty good deal. truck/tires did AMAZING. i started out in 2wd to see how it did since i was leery about...
  12. RoidedRanger

How Strong is The Dana35 TTB REALLY???

first off let me start by saying this was jsut a spur of a moment type thing that went too far. ok today i PM'd a guy on another forum about a set of brand new 8-16 R-1 tractor tires (31" tall: 8" wide, 16" wheel) and lowballed his price that he ended up taking so i was obliged to go get them...
  13. RoidedRanger

Need a little help on what is wrong DTC

i just got to start driving my 1994 ranger 4.0 4x4 5spd after i bought it a while back. the truck had been wrecked and partially fixed when i bought it, they really "hacked" it all up. truck runs OK, but seems to hav a power surge and possibly a low power problem. while driving the CEL comes on...
  14. RoidedRanger

4.0 4x4 manual fuel mileage reports?

looking to see wat i can expect to get fuel mileage wise with my 94 ranger 4.0 v6 5spd 4x4. ive swapped in 3.73 gears from the 3.27 it came with and added some manual locking hubs. maybe a little later on down the road ill put on some 31" tires and a 2" level kit. also wat are the best mods...
  15. RoidedRanger

FLA newbie

we hav 3 rangers now and thnk its time i get on a forum dedicated to them. 1st 2 r mine the other is my pops. 1996 black 4 cyl 5 speed. nothing special 1991 blue 1 im building up. putting a 460 BBF in it and lifting it up on 14" coilovers wwith 2-1/2 ton rockwells and 49" meats. gonna be...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad