• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RonSerling

1. RonSerling

System leak !!!!!

So Mr. D. !!! I did a bit of research and found this little item on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/364382034002...
  2. RonSerling

System leak !!!!!

Not sure what you mean here unless you are talking about the drain on the heater housing below the evaporator. And to that question the answer would be yes !!!
  3. RonSerling

System leak !!!!!

A good day Ranger Fans !!! Well I have a 93 Ranger that has pretty much been a long term project and when ever I have had issues with it I was always able to get some great advice and answers here at the Ranger Station Forums. So now the mechanical issues have been pretty nicely ironed out and...
  4. RonSerling

Stripped head bolt hole !!!

Actually it was quite easy once I got the correct drill motor. The torque my small 1/2" drill puts out caused the bit to grab and spin me in circles, LOL. Once I put my Milwaukee HoleHawg on the job with it's extended torque absorbing handles it was a breeze from there !!!
  5. RonSerling

Just wanted to say thanks Ron !!! it was well worth the $110.00 I spent on the Time Serts. It worked like a champ and I am back finishing the 4.0 today !! Thanks again for the Great words of advice
  6. RonSerling

Ron, I have seen a lot of your replies, a lot of really good opinions, and I am curious as to why the TimeSert would be a more feasible repair in comparison to the helicoil method. I am probably going to go with the TimeSert, not that expensive on Ebay, but I am curious as to why you like them...
  7. RonSerling

Good afternoon all !!!! I have a 4.0 engine block that one of the cylinder head bolt holes is stripped out !! I have never run into this problem here at the shop but here it is and my buddy wants to know if it can be repaired. I know I have a M12x1.75 set of helicoils but I am not sure if I can...
  8. RonSerling

4.0 spark knock issue

The engine is an OHV. I drove the truck a couple of time and I am 99.9% sure it is spark knock. He, like I, only run mid grade or premium fuel in our vehicles. No compression ratio changes that I am aware of as I was told all parts were standard replacement with the exception of .010 over...
  9. RonSerling

4.0 spark knock issue

Good afternoon all, A good friend of mine has a Ranger with a 4.0 in it that has an issue. He took the motor out of it at about 225K miles and went thru it. He tore it down and took it to one of the more reputable machine shops where they did a total rebuild on all of the parts. Boiled block...
  10. RonSerling

A/C Question

I have sent an email to GPD as the manifold/line assembly, GPD 4811243, came from them via Rock Auto. All the parts were purchased thru Rock !!
  11. RonSerling

A/C Question

Good Morning, I am working on my 93 Ranger's air conditioning. I recently purchased all new parts for the system, everything !!! On the dryer I have a fitting for my R134a charging system but on the high side line there is not a fitting for it. There is a port with a cap on it there and I...
  12. RonSerling

93 Ranger engine swap with a different year engine !!!

Ok I am not sure what you mean !! Swap all what ?? I cant use the egr system on my truck as it would mean I would have to change the complete wiring harness to go along with it and that doesn't shake out to well here in California !!! My question is can I change the intake system and use my...
  13. RonSerling

93 Ranger engine swap with a different year engine !!!

Good day All, I have a 93 Ranger 4.0 4X4 with 780K miles on it. It has been a great truck but as time goes on the engine has gotten quite tired out. I am looking at replacing it and a friend has a 99 that got t-boned but the engine in it is in great shape with only 98K miles on it and runs well...
  14. RonSerling

1993 TTB replacement options

Good Morning Everyone, I have a 93 4.0 Ranger to which I have done a lot of work on and I am looking for some options to replace the TTB in the front now. I have done the conversion to late model 93 Bronco D44 knuckles, spindles, stubs, U-joints along with Warn Locking Hubs. Truth is here I have...
  15. RonSerling

Re-asking a question from a different angle

That I dont !!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad