Recent content by Rooster

1. Rooster

5.0 swap and SAS "Half-Pint"

Finished the power steering, it seems to be working just fine. No leaks. Getting pretty close to road-worthy. I’m hoping I can get it done by the end of the year. This is everything (I can think of) that still needs to be done before I can drive it: Burn in track bar mounts Steering shaft...
  2. Rooster

I’ll look into that. I already ordered the new one, but I could keep the shim and the old one as a spare
  3. Rooster

Got a custom high pressure power steering hose made. Its the same fittings as a 94 explorer on both ends, so I tried using a hose from a 94 but it wasn't a good fit. Went to a hose fast and got one made that works. Now I just need to mount a cooler and return lines.
  4. Rooster

Wound up welding the track bar and steering linkage together myself. Track bar is installed, so no more ratchet straps holding my suspension together! Unfortunately, when I was reaming the pitman arm to fit the chevy tie rods, I went a little too far, so that's a $90 part I'll have to buy...
  5. Rooster

The 64 inch leaf spring swap made me relocate one of the brackets for the parking brake. Made a little mounting point out of some sheet metal
  6. Rooster

Liberated most of the parts from the explorer. Still need to get a couple things here and there. I found the rod knock, one of the rocker bolts pulled the threads straight out of the head. If anybody knows any good places to go in Dallas to get something like that fixed I would appreciate the info.
  7. Rooster

Also replaced the horn with a stebel nautilus. The stock horn wasn't working very well so I figured Id upgrade. Its pretty loud/obnoxious but I think I like it.
  8. Rooster

Finally got a track bar bend and mocked up! I put it together with the steering and from what I can tell I should have little to no bump steer. Ill have that tig welded at the same time as the steering linkage.
  9. Rooster

Rear leaf spring help

https://therangerstation.com/tech_library/64-inch_leaf.shtml
  10. Rooster

Painted and installed the front bumper today
  11. Rooster

Made some track bar mounts and tack-welded them in place. Still working on getting some tube bent for the track bar. Also made an engine crossmember. Bought a reamer online, that arrived today too (y)
  12. Rooster

Got the interior somewhat put together. New vinyl floor, new (used) seats, and aftermarket speakers. Still working on the T-case shifter and other little stuff. I think Im gonna leave the back seats out and put in a toolbox or something. I have the back wall off a two door truck, gonna try and...
  13. Rooster

Made an exhaust system today. Didn't have any pre-bent tube so I made bends out of pie cuts. Took a long time. I kept the stock explorer cats, then there's an x-pipe into dual thrush mufflers. Has a good low rumble(y) Edit: should I grind down my ugly welds or not worry about it?
  14. Rooster

I also got a new tailgate this weekend. The one I had before was bent and hit the bumper when opened. I modified a tailgate off an early 90's ranger to fit my truck. Took a full day to get it to fit right. A lot of cutting, welding and hammering lol. Huge PITA, wouldn't really recommend it, it'd...
  15. Rooster

Got all of the steering parts cut out this weekend. Gonna take it to a friend to tig weld. The front dana 44 has Chevy knuckles, so it takes Chevy tie rod ends. The problem is, the gearbox is off a bronco, so I need to get the pitman arm reamed to fit a Chevy tie rod. So I either need to buy the...