• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ruby_the_ranger

1. Ruby_the_ranger

Thud coming from front end.

98 torsion bar 4wd. I just recently finished a front end rebuild, shocks, swaybar ends links, control arms, outer tie rod, and ball joints. And I now have a thud that sounds like it’s coming from both sides only when I go over bumps. I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Sounds like...
  2. Ruby_the_ranger

Help I’m lost lol

I replaced the starter because it was 1. Caked in oil for a valve cover leak that I’ve been trying to find time to fix and 2. Because it was 26 years old so I decided to do it regardless if it was the problem or not. It was happening before and after I replaced the starter. All connections are...
  3. Ruby_the_ranger

Help I’m lost lol

I was thinking I could be the clutch switch or the ignition switch but I’m not 100% sure. Wild guess
  4. Ruby_the_ranger

Help I’m lost lol

I think it’s heat soak but I’m lost. Replaced the starter last night. Started just fine in the morning to get to work and to get home and to leave for my 2nd job.. but when I went to leave work it didn’t start. No crank no start. Engine was cold was sitting for 7.5 hours but I’m not sure why it...
  5. Ruby_the_ranger

Need ideas

I’m trying to build a 4wd daily driver prerunner. I’m need suggestions for some front suspension kits/ideas I have the rear figured out but I can’t find any 4wd long travel kits. Any suggestions welcome.
  6. Ruby_the_ranger

Before I drop my trans and replace a couple things….

That was my original guess, I’ve driven a couple other cars (91 Miata, and I believe it was a 2000 mustang) with known bad throw out bearings before and never heard it so that’s why I was leaning towards other things, thank you.
  7. Mount Herman CO.

Mount Herman CO.

Took a little trip up Mount Herman a little while ago.
  8. Mount Herman CO.

Mount Herman CO.

9. Ruby_the_ranger

Before I drop my trans and replace a couple things….

My ‘98 ranger manual 4wd is making a sound whenever I’m off the clutch and in gear, neutral, driving etc. pretty much any time it sounds like a quiet grinding. It goes away when I have the clutch in and I’m not too sure what it could be. Pilot bearing? Throw out bearing? Clutch? any feedback...
  10. Ruby_the_ranger

Can I run 32s?

Thank you. What wheels are those, I like them. Do they work with manual hubs if you know?
  11. Ruby_the_ranger

Can I run 32s?

Just bought a 98 4wd ranger, and wanna put some bigger tires on. I was thinking 31-32 in tires but I don’t know if they will rub or take off the fender flares without a lift, I’m planning on doing a 1.5-2in lift in the future but it’s time for tires now lol. Thank you

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad