• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rusty ol ranger

1. rusty ol ranger

Need everyones input....

This one might be a non starter too...never heard back from him all day.
  2. rusty ol ranger

What would cause this?

I did find one. On a 90 F250 at a local yard. 40 bucks. Im gonna go yank it in the morning. Didnt know this till today but evidently econolines ran a different PS pump then the F series. One yard had an 94 E350 motorhome back there and the bracket was very similar but luckly i spotted the pump...
  3. rusty ol ranger

Passenger side front wheel suddenly smoking and stinky.

Not if you have a 2.9
  4. rusty ol ranger

Need everyones input....

Nah its 2wd. Kinda bummer about the mitsu...i know they were the worst (manual) of the bunch. Guess if it takes a shit the TK5 from one of the rustys pry wouldnt be hard to replace it with
  5. rusty ol ranger

Need everyones input....

I thought after 88+ they all had mazdas? Yeah ill check the frame and things obviously. But youve seen my ranger and my frame is damn near pristine. Not saying this one is, but you get the drift lol.
  6. rusty ol ranger

Need everyones input....

So...i know this thread is turning into a saga but... I found this little gem this morning. 88 2.9/5sp. Says it runs excellent and drives great. 1000 bucks. This might end up becoming my new daily.
  7. rusty ol ranger

Need everyones input....

Well i passed on that 89. The frame had a couple weak spots, rusted, around the front spring hangers in the back. To bad....it wasnt a bad truck besides that. Pretty sure the issue with it running wise was in the column...he said hed hit a bump or something and lose all power and stall....then...
  8. rusty ol ranger

Oh and be careful running it that way....mine got so hot it started boiling out wheel bearing grease and cooked the bearing
  9. rusty ol ranger

Stuck caliper. Mine did this exactly.
  10. rusty ol ranger

Need everyones input....

I doubt ill mess with the body lol.
  11. rusty ol ranger

What would cause this?

Im hoping i can find one cheap locally...200-250 bucks for a used ebay one. Of course 302/351W ones are a dime a dozen.
  12. rusty ol ranger

What would cause this?

Yesterday bringing home a load of wood with my F250 i heard a weird "whop whop" noise under the hood. Stopped and popped it open and the belt is riding up off the pulley and self destructing. It has 2 different serpintine style belts, one manually tensioned that goes around the alternator...
  13. rusty ol ranger

Need everyones input....

Well when one door closes... Found another one.... Not as pretty as the other one lol. 300/Auto. A but rusty bodywise but he says frame, floors, etc are solid. Doesnt run currently but had it running last fall and it ran good. He said it ran untill "battery went bad"...either way hes asking...
  14. rusty ol ranger

Engine racing at idle

I bought a new IAC for my 2.9 that was junk out of the box. Pulled the 37 year old one off my other 2.9 and its still on there lol
  15. rusty ol ranger

Engine racing at idle

Sounds like the IAC

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad