• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by SamC777

1. SamC777

What's this on my truck?

Thank you!
  2. SamC777

What's this on my truck?

94 Ranger XLT 3.0. These things have been hanging off since before I bought this thing five years ago. Looks like they rotted off. The line attaches straight to the valve cover and it's been causing a pretty good vacuum leak. This: Looks like it attaches to this: Which looks like it attaches...
  3. SamC777

Pulsating in brake pedal, despite new brakes and rotors, good caliper.

94 Ranger, 4x4. Felt pulsating in my brake pedal this last week. Nothing in the steering wheel, nothing in the seat. Brake pistons extended and retracted on their own. Examined my rotors, had some visible grooving but nothing incredible. Still felt smooth to the touch, albeit the lip on the...
  4. SamC777

Would you replace this spindle or send it?

Thank you! I'm glad I get to save my other one for another day.
  5. SamC777

Just posted new ones
  6. SamC777

After putting the wheel seal on and then the bearing, I can see you are correct! I guess my question is now, what was banging against that brinelling to cause those marks? The old wheel seal, as failed as it was, didn't have any marks, and the areas nearby on the rotor look OK too... Here are...
  7. SamC777

Already took it off, but here's a photo. In the second picture, you can see the marks on the surface where the bearing rides. That's what I'm most concerned about... Edited to add a hopefully clearer photo of said marks.
  8. SamC777

Occasional thunking sound in 3rd gear

That is good information, perhaps a fluid swap is in order. Mixing the ATF with what little oil will be left in there isn't gonna cause any issues, will it?
  9. SamC777

Drivers front wheel bearings quit on me, and it's looking like this spindle is done too. I have one extra (in my hand in the 2nd photo) that comparably seems to be in ok condition, but I'd really rather not replace it if I don't have to. I bought this spindle brand new almost three years ago...
  10. SamC777

It's a two piece. It's got a little bit of play, but not a ton. If that were causing my issue, wouldn't that clunk as soon as I let off the clutch instead of the 5~seconds after giving her gas? In other news, the thunking is now much more rhythmic and is present while the truck is in motion, in...
  11. SamC777

Yeah, I read up on that. It's the conventional or conventional/synthetic blend that'll do that, from the sulfur I believe. Full synthetic, from what I've researched, will not, which is what I'm running. As for putting the ATF in it, that's initially what I was doing. But as I looked further...
  12. SamC777

Howdy y'all, I have a 94 Ranger, 3.0, standard, 4wd. Transmission was rebuilt a few thousand miles ago (May of last year). The other night, on my way home from work, I put it in third gear. About 5-7 seconds after accelerating, I heard and felt a loud *THUNK* and it kept on moving. I slowed...
  13. SamC777

Ranger leans toward driver side when lifted

As the title states, when I put my 1994 Ranger on my shop's lift, the whole vehicle tilts really far to the drivers side no matter where I put the arms or what spacers I use on them. From what I've read, this may be caused by the fact that the gas tank (full, in my case), battery, etc. is on the...
  14. SamC777

What kind of shocks do I need to buy?

1994 XLT 4x4. Not sure what kind of shocks I need. Those part numbers (740075, 740085) aren't popping up with anything. Rear lift measures 25" from wheel center to the arch and 23" in the front <front - rear>
  15. SamC777

Rebuilt M5OD-R1, clunks a couple times in 1st gear

Hey guys, I just had my manual rebuilt in my 94 XLT. Thing drives fine with no issue, and I haven't driven it very long since reinstallation. As I listened closely today, whenever I shifted in first and gave her gas, I heard a "clunk clunk" as I moved forward and felt it in the shifter too. No...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad