• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by saskbill

1. Rear Wheel Well Splash Shields

Didn't realize those two-piece inner flaps weren't stock on all the rangers (and ford pickups in general). Trouble is, that overlapping design at the top tended to trap mud and leaves and crap, leading to near-inevetable rustout at the tops of the wheel arches...
  2. Factory Original Fender Flare Installation - Any Tips?

One alternative would be to snag a nice set of fenders with flares (hopefully in a suitable color) and just transfer them onto your truck...
  3. 8 plugs?

Had a 93 mustang with a 8-plug 2.3 (dual coil packs). Think the 2nd set of plugs fired a little later - meant to scavenge unburnt fuel. Pretty crowded changing plugs!
  4. The 2019 'Loan Ranger', and 2019 Ranger Adventure

Well sir, If you did make your way up into the North-west country, between 1990RangerinSask and myself, we'd definitely try to have coffee waiting for you. whatever route you took! (and some other Ford/ranger fans in western Canada
  5. Jeep weirdos...

Well that would have been about 1947 so I'm thinking that Ford would've been 14 or 15 years old, probably. Just for the record, the 49 Chev got used pretty heavy (when the folks first married in '52 it was their only vehicle til a few years later they bought a 35 Chev Master 4-door off some...
  6. Jeep weirdos...

Hear hear! Not everyone is lucky enough to be with their soulmate, or to drive their dream car (or even a DD mutt you have learned to love and despise, depending on the day, perhaps over time gaining a grudging admiration for its continued ability to keep chugging with only minimal mechanical...
  7. Jeep weirdos...

8. New White Style - White With Blue

Like the Back with gray option personally, but white w/ blue is a good default!
  9. New Dark Theme

Kinda like the Dark Theme background - going to try it for awhile. If at some point there was a 'dark but less dark than black' choice, for instance the dark blue that's used some places in the TRS pages, I'd be willing to give it a whirl - the text colors that work with black should work OK...
  10. Ranger Bed Bolts? Anyone know specifics?

Well, going by the pics from the links you posted (Tasca), Bolt 1 is #12 in the picture (click the diagram at the bottom to get the note), which would make Bolt 2 #11 (the front, longer bolts):
  11. 87/88 Ranger 2.9 - will flywheel and flexplate bolts interchange?

Had a 88 ranger with a 2.9 blew its manual 5 speed. It wasn't worth fixing, but had a decent running engine so I stripped it for parts. Have an OK 87 Ranger which had a bad A4LD automatic transmission and a worn-out 2.9 that I had pulled the engine and trans out out and found a rebuilt A4LD...
  12. How to: Install inline/high pressure fuel pump (86 ranger 2.3 gas)

Ok going to assume at first you are FI and have only one tank - if you have a dual tank pipe up and we'll cover it but it will add more stuff and complicate the explanation. So single tank ranger system vintage 86-88 will have a (fuel) lift pump (low pressure in the tank. Looking at the inside...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad