• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by searanger1

1. #5 cyl low compression ,#5 misfire code ?

Hi all , My 2000 3.0 has 100psi on # 5 and 150psi on the rest ,only 117,000 miles on engine. Will a rebuilt head solve this problem ? can a lower end issue be possible at this early stage? Ive read these heads are prone to cracking in between the valves. No coolant loss or water in oil or...
  2. help with #5 misfire issue

Hi TRS :, I am seeking advice for a 3.0 engine problem. My 2000 ranger has a issue with a #5 cylinder misfire, I have had it to the ford dealership and they played around with it for a day . They replaced the plugs and thought they had it fixed.It lasted about a week and check engine light is on...
  3. camshaft position sensor

Hi ,can anyone tell me how to find and change out a camshaft position sensor on the 4.0 is it on the back of the engine?can you get this part from any parts house or does it have to come from the dealership? Thanks:icon_thumby:
  4. engine chirping

Hi guys, can anyone tell me why I have a high pitched chirping sound in my 4.0 v6? it is random ,and doesn't always happen ,more when its warm. I removed the belt and it still does it .Iam stumped by this ,could the fan clutch be doing it?:icon_confused:
  5. dana 35 problem Help please

Hi all , I am becoming very frustrated, when I bought this truck (2000 4x4) there was a bearing noise. that I thought was the worn out 33s .After new tires ,ujoints,rear axle bearings ,front ball joints . the noise is as loud as ever, it starts at about 30mph -45mph kind of a pulsing loud...
  6. PV hubs are stuck locked on my 2000 Help

Hi guys, does anyone got ideas on how I can get my hubs unlocked ? when I bought this truck the hubs are locked up tight like a live axle. Is there some way to get them unlocked so I get better mileage and dont tear up my front end ?:icon_confused:
  7. Lower ball joint removal 2000 4x4

:icon_idea:Hi all ,can anybody direct me on a lower ball joint removal for a 2000 ranger 4x4? Ive looked in tech and they dont show my type of front end . It looks like lt could be real easy or a real nightmare . any help would be appreciated :icon_cheers:
  8. could use educated advice

Hi all , was wondering if anybody has run across a problem Im having now. there is a low pitched howl that pulses not constant ,and sounds like maybe a bearing is going bad? rear axle bearings are new and front are very tight no slop .one piece driveshaft,new tires,brakes,removed front...
  9. noise need help please

Hi all , am new to this posting stuff .:shok: My truck is making a strange pulsing humm or dull howl sound ,mainly from about 30mph to about 45mph then kind of goes faint at higher speeds . have new tires,brakes,rear axle berings,still no stopping it. Any ideas would be appreciated:icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad