• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Sellis737

1. Sellis737

1988 Ranger 2.3 A4LD 2WD no CYL ID on scan

The fuel pressure gauge came with several adapters but I believe the gauge hose threaded right on to the schrader valve on the fuel rail. I got the guage at Oriellys nothing fancy but it seems to work fine. I never did get the truck to run right. I’m letting it rest for a while
  2. Sellis737

2.3L ('83-'97) Feedback Delete Carter YFA carburetor 1983 2.3

I’m wondering if anyone has deleted the feedback solenoid on a Carter YFA feedback carb. My computer died and is not providing input to the solenoid. The truck doesn’t have to pass any smog inspection so no air pump or thermactor are installed. I noticed that the Carter YFA carbs available for...
  3. Sellis737

Thank you! I did check the FPR for a leaking diaphragm and removed the fuel rail and checked the return line for blockage. I put a pressure gauge on the fuel rail also and pressurized the line by turning on the ignition a few times. The pressure goes right to 39 psi and stays there for at least...
  4. Sellis737

So this is the information that’s on the currently installed (uninstalled) EEC It’s hard to read the thermostamped code under the remanufactured label but it’s probably something put on by whoever rebuilt the EEC. Looks like EGDB-1A 4624-MA?
  5. Sellis737

Thanks for the reply and your information may be a key piece of information to the puzzle I’m trying to solve. This engine runs super rich and is getting much more fuel than it should. The EEC is not the original unit. I can tell because of an earlier date code (E7TF) and a remanufactured label...
  6. Sellis737

I ran a KOEO scan on my Ranger and got a 11 (OBD 1) pass code on the EEC but after setting the base timing and trying a KOER running scan I got a message saying that DTCs could not be retrieved and no CYL ID found. Does anyone know where the CYL ID comes from? Is it read off the EEC or from the...
  7. Sellis737

Factory Tape Stripes for Two Tone Trucks

The stripe dimensions on my 1983 Ranger XL two tone is 1" wide for the larger inboard stripe and 3/8" for the smaller outboard stripe. The Truck was originally painted Raven Black (paint code 1C) and Metallic Silver (paint code 1G) with Orange and Bittersweet pin stripes from the factory. As the...
  8. Sellis737

What the best (easiest) V-8 option for an 83 2WD C-5 Ranger?

Thanks for the wisdom, I love the reliability of the EFI systems for all temperatures and atmospheric conditions but it does get complicated. Is the basic 302 from an Explorer able to accept an old school distributor and intake manifold or should I be looking for one that is already carbureted...
  9. Sellis737

What the best (easiest) V-8 option for an 83 2WD C-5 Ranger?

I’m going to swap in a 302 V-8 into my 1983 Ranger that has the 2.3L 140 cube Pinto engine in it. As I read through the forums it sounds like there are some engines such as the Explorer that may be easier to adapt to my Ranger. I’m leaning towards a 1997ish Explorer with EFI but am not sure what...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad