• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by SheepDog

1. Did I screw up my 3.0 rebuild?

The new heads I got last year were reman pre-99 heads with the 8mm valves. When we pulled the heads for the rebuild I bought new 8mm seals and put them on. We tried 7mm seals first but they obviously wouldn't fit. I suppose its possible I put the new seals on wrong? They all looked uniformly...
  2. Did I screw up my 3.0 rebuild?

Sorry in advance for the longish post. Last year I inherited a very very neglected 2004 3.0 Ranger with about 90k miles from my grandpa when he passed away. It had lots of problems including blown head gaskets and plugged cats. Fixed those issues with new rebuilt heads from Dover Cylinder...
  3. 2004 5 Speed Auto

2004 3.0 Edge 5sp auto, 2x4, 4.10 gears, 28in tires. What is the transmission supposed to feel like in the rangers? From a stop when I give it gas, it seems to go to like 2500rpms and just stay there while the truck accelerates to speed. At speed it drops down to OD and stays there like it...
  4. Oil pan clearance?

So thanks for the help in the other thread, got my ranger up and running again. As I mentioned in my last post, I have discovered that I have a coolant leak and I narrowed it down to the timing cover. It is leaking on both sides of the cover as well as out of some of the bolt holes. I read...
  5. Ranger Rehab!

2004 Ranger 3.0L Auto 4x2 Edge w/ 94k miles Hi all, new to the site and Ranger's in general. Sorry in advance for the long post but I need some help rehabbing up a new-to-me Ranger I got. I got this truck for free from my grandma who wanted it gone from her driveway. It was my grandpa's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad