• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Shran

1. Shran

2.9 ranger runs terrible

Well that's not ideal... does it run with the relays swapped? I have had plenty of those go bad, usually they get wet and everything inside gets corroded. There is a cap that you can pop off to look at the insides...it's basically the whole top of the relay. It might not hurt to hit up a...
  2. Shran

2.9 ranger runs terrible

Backfires through the exhaust or through the intake? Lots of things can cause that - timing issues, damaged valve(s), lean condition, fuel leaking into intake or exhaust, ignition module problems, etc. Easy way to check timing is to pull your #1 spark plug, rotate the engine by hand until it...
  3. Shran

2001 3.0 manual trans parts please

In a run low on fluid scenario I would expect to find some carnage. The fact that it spins gives some a tiny bit of hope... but I have torn down a few that were just destroyed. One actually had the input shaft welded to the main shaft and all the teeth were missing off the input... I just...
  4. Shran

BW 1354 transfer case rear output flange nut torqued, but still has play

Been a while since I've been inside one of these transfer cases but I do believe you are right that it is a regular ball bearing as opposed to a conical roller bearing. Thus... no preload.
  5. Shran

‘94 4.0L 4x4 - Hard to find parts?

Interior parts will be your biggest challenge. Small things like shifter boots, trim around the seats, the trim right next to the seats on the floor, door panels, seats, armrests. You might also grab front spindles if they are in good shape, locking hubs, wheel bearing nuts/washer/axle shaft...
  6. Shran

New tools you've bought recently?

Pawn shop scores from the last 7 days: Milwaukee M18 Hatchet chainsaw SDS chisel for my hammer drill Brand new Craftsman 1/2" deep SAE socket set, 3/8 to 1", $5!!! Several large axle nut sockets 2 gallon air tank
  7. Shran

Upgraded head hardware (FOUND!)

Are those torque to yield or are they reusable?
  8. Shran

I have some other shop manuals & stuff that I can drop on my Google Drive in case you need them too. Main thing is just figuring out exactly what's broken or worn out without unnecessary expense replacing pieces that aren't. Finding another donor transmission might be helpful to rob parts from...
  9. Shran

Patience young grasshopper... this is not Facebook, we are not on here with answers 24/7 but I promise you, the answers you get will be better. Nobody to my knowledge sells a "complete" rebuild kit with everything. You can get bearing kits with or without syncros, both will come with all the...
  10. Shran

2.9L JBA Header Installation.

Wouldn't hurt, I don't know if it's really necessary. All the bolts are relatively easy to get to from within the engine bay. Depends what you have for tools more than anything. 10mm flex head GearWrench and a 1/4" flex head ratchet should allow you to access all of the bolts.
  11. Shran

2.9L JBA Header Installation.

Shouldn’t be too bad, drivers side will be the worst. Hope no bolts break off in the heads- be very patient, use heat. Top side ones are always fragile, bottom ones usually come right out. I heat the head where they go through the block… propane torch is fine… penetrating lube can help too.
  12. Shran

Busted wires

Pre 95 trucks use the same coolant temp plug, going back to 85 or so. I bet most Ford vehicles from that era use the same sensor.
  13. Shran

Fellow Bronco II owners, do any of you have the Milwaukee M12 underhood light?

@Ottieotter I have that light and it fits just fine. Highly recommend it
  14. Shran

AR-15 shooters....

Why do kids like Legos? Why do we like Rangers? Why do the Toyota guys like Tacomas? Easy to build, fun to build, literally a million different parts & pieces to customize it exactly the way you want. You're not just taking something off the shelf and using it, you can make it your own. I...
  15. Shran

AR-15 shooters....

Hi-point is fine, I’ve owned a number of pistols and a 9mm carbine. They all functioned flawlessly. They are kinda ugly and very difficult to disassemble & clean - that’s my one complaint. Kel-Tec carbines are very cool, I will probably end up with one at some point. Guess I don’t see the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad