• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Shumatesoldier6

1. 2.3 Backfire out intake and no spark

Thanks RonD ill try that. I was holding it wide open by hand and taking the terminal on and off with the key on
  2. 2.3 Backfire out intake and no spark

I also just replaced the injectors and at wide open throttle the injectors are not shutting down. Is this a computer issue? I have replaced all the sensors and electrical components but the ecm.
  3. 2.3 Backfire out intake and no spark

So im positive tbe shopthat worked on my truck set the timing wrong. It was set at TDC. Timing should be set at 10 BTDC? Still has a popping out intake when i try to start it and weak spark if it sparks at all.
  4. 2.3 Backfire out intake and no spark

Ok Thanks im gonna test compression asap.
  5. 2.3 Backfire out intake and no spark

So if I have compression 130 psi or more a valve is bad or not closing thats what your saying RonD?
  6. 2.3 Backfire out intake and no spark

So I was having issues with my 1990 Ranger 2.3 two-wheel drive. I got so tired of dealing with it I sent it to a shop, the shop had it for 5 weeks and only worked on it for 2 hours. I got tired of waiting on them so I went and picked it up and I have it back now. The only thing that they did in...
  7. 2.3 wont start

So your telling me that timing is supposed to be set at 20 degrees BTDC. If timing is off a tooth or so will it cause it to not start. This is a very unique engine and i have never had one until now.
  8. 2.3 wont start

So I have a 1990 Ford Ranger 4 X2. With the 2.3 it had a miss somewhere and was hard to start sometimes and would not go above 60 mph. Every time I would shift into 5th gear it would stumble lose power and I would have to downshift back to 4th. It was originally diagnosed as a weak fuel pump...
  9. 90 ranger 2wd 2.3 no spark

I have a 90 ranger 2.3 and it has no spark . I have replaced the plugs, wires, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, timing belt and tensioner, and the air intake temp sensor. I could get it started but it had a backfire out the exhaust so I...
  10. 2.3 ranger will not stay running

I have a 90 ranger 2x4 5 speed trans that will run but dies once you press tge gas pedal. I replaced the fuel pump, tps, air temp sensor , filler neck ,ignition control module and the timing belt and tensioner . i did the timing to the best of my ability and ran decent but when you touch the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad