• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by SilentShado

1. What suspension will fit what year

I have a 99 2x4 extended cab xlt 3.0. I want to install new springs and shocks in the front, and new leaves and shocks in the back. I was wondering what years of rangers are compatible with what years. I was going to search around here for someone that had a near stock suspension that they...
  2. Fog Lights on my 99 xlt

First off thanks to everyone for looking and helping me in all my past posts. Here is my question. After my truck was kissed by a toyota prius, I got a new bumper and a lower valnce from a 4x4 with the fog light holes. I got some fog lights that fit into the holes but are not stock. My...
  3. Power Vent windows

I have the vent windows on my 99 extended cab and was wondering if they make or if I could use from another type of truck/car a power latch to open and close the vent windows. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  4. Ford Escape Seats

I have a lead on some black 2005 ford escape leather seats. My questions are, will these be a direct bolt in or some fab work. And are these seats hard as a rock like most new suv's? or are they comfy? Just wondering, thanks
  5. tilt wheel

my truck does not have tilt wheel, and it drives me crazy. I want to know how hard it would be to switch out the coulmns from say a explorer into my 99 ranger.
  6. Runs rough sometimes

I just got done installing a used engine in my ranger, it was running rough when I got done installing it as I left the old plugs and wires in. I changed them out and it idles smooth sometimes and rough at other times. Also just recently I got the P0401 insuffiecient EGR flow. After I got...
  7. Got it going

FYI for anyone following my posts, I finally found a new flex fuel motor for my truck, got it installed, had a few problems installing it, but tonight I filled the fluids and took her for a drive. I can finally drive my Ranger again. I want to take this time to say thanks to everyone that...
  8. Bolting the trans to the engine

Update, I got the new engine installed in my truck last night, But then a problem arose. I had to spin the motor so that I could get the tourque converter bolts lined up into the flywheel. It spun fine by hand, later after I had bolted the trans to the motor I needed to tighten the bolts to...
  9. torque converter "how much fluid is in there"

I finally got my old engine out, but in doing so I had to remove the torque converter from the transmission. When i did this the motor tipped back as i was pulling it out and dumped all the fluid from the torque convertor. I know that I have to fill it back up before I reinstall it, but I am...
  10. Cam synchro/Cam position sensor

I ahve been reading a lot in this forum about how the cam synchro and or the cam position sensors go out on the 3.0. In this case a syncho or a sensor goes go out what are the possible side effects, internal damged stalled engine, locked motor ect??
  11. Seised motor need to unbolt trans

I have been trying to pull the motor from my truck for days now scratching my head. I have a 99 3.0 litre flex fuel motor that is seised. I need to loosen the torque converter bolts to get the motor out but I do not know how to do this as the torque convertor is bolted to the flywheel, also I...
  12. New 3.0 Flex fuel motor

I have a 99 ranger with a 3.0 flex fuel motor production date 12/98. I am having great difficulty trying to locate an engine to fit. I found a 3.0 motor to purchase but 1 it is not a flex fuel and 2 it is from a 2001. I was wondering if I do not run flex fuel can I just drop any 3.0 motor in...
  13. Engine swap

I currently have a FFV 3.0 engine in my truck that seized last week. I was wondering if I got a 4.0 if this would work with my computer ect. Or would it be better to just get a new 3.0 FF?? Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad