• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by sparky

1. sparky

changed my clutch

After owning the truck for 12 years and 210K miles (truck is 1993) I changed out the clutch. It really was a slave cylinder problem and the clutch didn't look bad at all, but I went ahead and changed it anyway. Whats up with the engineers doing some of the things they do? For example, this is...
  2. sparky

anybody else have rpm issue

Just started this recently. When I rev between gears the rpm stays at that rpm, Example, rev to 3500 push in clutch engine stays at 3500, it has alway drop down in rpm. And now when I start engine wheather cold or nomal temp it will rev to 3000 rpm, I have had the truck for 13 years and it has...
  3. sparky

anyone else adding oil

between a 3k oil change? I have a 93 3.0 with 200k on it, i add 1 and 1/2 quarts of oil between changes, i don't run it hard. I thought it may be the pcv but i changed it and nothing changed, took off a motorcraft and put a purolator in. I removed the air duct to look at the throttle body and it...
  4. sparky

another mpg ? for 2.3

I have 3 buddies that have 94 rangers 2.3 short bed single cab, stock wheels and tires, one of them is getting 27 mpg, the other 2 are getting 16-18 mpg mostly interstate driving to and from work. What should we look for? There are no engine codes, they all have 5 speed trannys and over 100k...
  5. sparky

where's Lou

I had to work on a couple weekends and i finally got to see powerblock this weekend but no Lou on musclecar. Anybody to what happened?
  6. sparky

Stacy David Gearz ?

Anyone know what is going on with the new show? I been on the web site but not much info of when it will be airing. I hope his show makes it, he hasn't got much air time on the espn2. Any thoughts?
  7. sparky

2wd leaf springs

I have 93 2wd ranger and would like to lower the rear about 3" to level it. I would like to do this with a set of lowering leaf springs. What company do you recomend? Or is there a better way to do this? Thanks
  8. sparky

ranger pulling an f150

Ranger pulling an f150 out of a mud hole http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxiOo6bu4M&feature=related
  9. sparky

Trans light blinking

A coworker of mine bought a 1999 ranger with a 4.0 and auto(don't know which trans) from what i have read on the tech library maybe 4r55e, the trans is not giving any problems but after driving it a few miles the trans light starts to blink, a constant blink no code flashing just blinking, any...
  10. sparky

Hi all

I found this site about a year ago and it's a great site, learned a lot about my truck. I have a 1993 regular cab with 3.0 engine and 5 speed manual, i have had it for 10 years and it has been one of the best trouble free trucks i have owned. It has 191K on it with one tune up and 2 water pumps...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad