• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Steve777

1. '94 B4000 Battery Light On

OK. New alternator it is. Thanks again.
  2. '94 B4000 Battery Light On

Thanks RonD! Yellow and green wires work as you say they should. So likely fusible links are fine. Not sure what you mean by the "short white jumper wire". There is a white and black wire in the center position between the yellow and green. And there is white and black wire in a separate...
  3. '94 B4000 Battery Light On

Noticed the battery light on while driving today; made it home OK and then started checking the battery voltage. About 12v with the engine off; drop to 11.7v or so at idle and does not get any better if the engine is rev's up. Battery charges up just fine on an AC charger (which I am doing now)...
  4. 94 B4000 214 code (cam position sensor)

Looking for some advise/help with a 214 code on my 94 B4000 with the 4.0l V6. I've confirmed that it is a late build date and has the 95 emissions etc on it. The truck is running great, but the check engine light comes on a few seconds after the engine starts. Other than the engine light and...
  5. 94 B4000 Code 33 help

Finally had a chance to run the self test. Found it really hard to count flashes, so did it a few times, and I think this is right. Initially got two 1-1-1 codes. From what I could find this was a pass, no errors. Seems right in that now the check engine light does not come on when running...
  6. 94 B4000 Code 33 help

Thanks RonD. I checked the door sticker; built 8/1994 and meet all Federal emissions. So would seem to not be a CA truck. I also looked on the engine, and it sure looks like there is an EGR valve. On driver's side of the intake manifold, a vacuum actuated (eg diaphragm) valve, opens into the...
  7. 94 B4000 Code 33 help

Opps, title had a typo (corrected now), it is an '94, and confirmed that both on the registration and the owners manual. Not sure what to say on 2 vs 3 digit codes. I certainly could have pulled them wrong, I was just following the instructions I found online. I warmed the car up. Shorted the...
  8. 94 B4000 Code 33 help

Well after years of flawless running, my 1994 B4000 finally is having a problem. The engine light came on a couple of days ago, no symptoms and it was gone the next time I started the truck. Then today the engine light came on after starting and stayed on. Tried turning the engine off and...
  9. Coolant Leak at Overflow Tank

So I think all the coolant issues on my '94 B4000 have been solved (water pump, radiator, thermostat all new/replaced recently) except for this minor one. I am noticing some leaked coolant which is coming out where the elbow from the radiator goes into the tank. I do not think there are head...
  10. Radiator Leak

Would have been a good idea, if I had the time to get a specific part in. But I was in a hurry to get this truck back on the road, so I choose among the available models at the local stores. I would expect that replacing it with the same sized one, should work (hope so). But so far it has been...
  11. Radiator Leak

Thanks swsnx. Took the old rad out and it was the narrow one (1" depth). Not sure if that is a 1, 2, or 3 row unit, but it has always been fine for cooling the engine, so I replaced it with the same. Unfortunately the folks at the local parts stores did not seem to know much about the radiators...
  12. Radiator Leak

Was driving the 94 B4000 tonite when I noticed the temp gauge moving a bit erratically up and down. No signs of overheating so at first I thought it was a wiring or sensor problem. But when I got to my destination in a few miles I checked under the hood. I could smell antifreeze. It was dark, so...
  13. 94 4.0l WP and Thermo Replace Gone Bad...

So I am a little embarrassed to be posting this since this repair is pretty basic, but I am scratching my head as to what might have gone wrong. 94 B4000 4.0l V6 truck is in great shape and engine and drive train were runny well. I noticed the coolant was low after a trip a few weeks ago, so...
  14. M50D noises

I have a 94 B4000 (4.0l V6) with 5sp manual tranny, 4x4. It is fairly new to me and when I got it, the PO had just had a new clutch put in (with slave cyl). I beleive it has an M5OD tranny. It has been running very well, with one problem: every so often there will be a bearing noise (squeal)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad