• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Stinky_Sullivan

1. Variable Oil Pressure Gauge Modifiction

I can definitely test my cluster for the internal resistor. I don’t mind going with the A-Pilar mounted gauges if someone makes a Ranger specific A-Pilar trim piece for those gauges. FWIW, I prefer analog over digital.
  2. Variable Oil Pressure Gauge Modifiction

There are some assumptions there which mean they’re not certainties. But let’s conclude they are. The gauge on the ‘96-later cluster with no tach rotates in a clockwise direction while the cluster with a tach rotates in a counter clockwise direction. Likewise, the gauge on the ‘95 cluster...
  3. Variable Oil Pressure Gauge Modifiction

I have no doubt the oil pressure gauge works the same on both clusters. The technology didn’t change. The only question is which resistor to jumper. If I had a ‘95 Ranger and I were to replace the oil pressure switch with an oil sending pressure sending unit without jumpering the resistor, what...
  4. Variable Oil Pressure Gauge Modifiction

But where is the resistor that requires the bypass on this 2000 4x4 cluster? It’s not the same as the one in the How-To.
  5. Variable Oil Pressure Gauge Modifiction

Not every gauge cluster looks like the one in the How-To. I have a ‘99 Ranger 2WD. I’ve purchased a gauge cluster with a tach I planned to swap into my truck. I noticed on the back of the cluster there are lights specific to 4WD trucks. Can I put this cluster in my 2WD and where is the resistor...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad