• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by surratt

1. Home made rear bumper and carrier bronco 2

Took about 7 weeks but it turned out pretty good, ton of work but not a lot on the market for these trucks https://youtu.be/qIsNGsgCHO8
  2. powertrax lockright install tips?

I just purchased a lockright and im going to install this next weekend..... any install tips from people with experience or a build thread with pics?
  3. James duff 5.5 bronco II/ranger pics?

Im gunning for this lift in the next month or so...all pics appreciated. I have a 5.0 swap with the duff long tube headers so im trying to see if im going to need to redo the exhaust to clear the trans crossmember. Also if you have a 302 pics would be nice of where the drivers side drop...
  4. anyone know thread size/pitch of axle/transfercase vent/breather tubes?

yeah so on my FJ i made up a snazzy little breather relocation spot by using pnuematic fittings and tubing going into a manifold block with a filter. Really clean looking so I am trying to figure out the pitch and thread size of the tubes....My 8.8 has a 7/16-20. The Dana 35 and transfer case...
  5. 93 5.0 idle issues, stalling?

yeah so i swapped in a 93 5.0 in my 87 bronco 2. Has a c4 transmission. HAvent really dud deep trying to fix it yet but basically I start it up and it idles ok for a little but after a minute of driving or two it will stall at idle or deceleration at times. I can drive it but i have to...
  6. dana 35 off centered after swap into bronco 2?

swapped in a Dana 35 from a 94 explorer into a bronco 2. I used the radius arms from the explorer as well. moving the axle around i bumped the radius arms out of their original position. For whatever reason the passenger tire is sticking out a good 3/4 inch or so more than the driver. Any...
  7. DANA 35 manual hub conversion question

so i sourced a dana 35 from the junkyard from a 1994 explorer with auto hubs. i go to put the manual locknut kit on and neither side has a snap ring or washer or the axle shaft....the auto hubs were intact at the junkyard. Were these years not designed with the snapring on the axleshaft or...
  8. Dana 35 swap question with diff clearance?

Swapping in a Dana 35 on my 87 bronco 2 in a few weeks. It has a 4 inch lift currently. Ive read in the tech forum that there are clearance issues with the 2 piece style drop brackets. What is the solution to this? Supposedly skyjacker has a one piece style that has more clearance but can i...
  9. Dana 35 spring retaining stud same size as 28?

ok so im doing the dana 35 swap on my 87 bronco 2....i left the spring perch and nut for one side at the junkyard....can i use the nut for the coil spring on the 28 for my 35 or is it a different size? Also anyone who has replaced the outer axle seals on the diff im assuming there is a c-clip...
  10. soldering in fuel pump wires....will heat shrink work in gas?

yeah so im fabbing up a fuel pump in my 87 bronco 2 that im using a later model pump. Ill have to cut and splice wires but im wondering if regular heat shrink will break down over time in the gas....I hate to use a butt connector in there but that is always an option.
  11. lets see your Bronco II fuel pump access holes you cut

thinking of just chopping up an access panel for the fuel pump. Just curious to see how guys patched it up. Pics appreciated
  12. fuel lines and deleting canister?

running my fuel lines and trying to figure out how im going to adapt everything. the empty canister is such a pain in the ass to hook up to with an lines bc there isnt enough room for a russel quick disconnect fitting. My only option it to delete it. Anyone have any experience with that...
  13. Bronco 2 factory tach hookup to 5.0 harness

Anyone have any experience with hooking up the factory tach to the 5.0 harness. I have the ford motorsports harness for an 89 mustang. I have a 1987 bronco 2 by the way. The tach signal wire is in the plug by the master cylinder im just not exactly sure where to tie it into the factory harness
  14. Red/blue wire color change from starter solenoid to NSS?

Im bypassing my nss for now on my 5.0 swap on my 1987 bII. The red/blue wire from the ignition to the starter solenoid does not have 12 during crank bc the trans isnt in place. Problem is i cant find the damn red blue wire around the trans area. Im wondering if it changed colors to the trans...
  15. best way to adapt steel fuel lines to factory connections?

Time to run the fuel lines in my 5.0 swap.....I was going to use steel braided line and by all the fittings but its upwards of 300 bucks and I really would prefer steel lines to braided. How would I adapt steel lines to the ford fuel line disconnects and the fittings at the fuel filter housing...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad