• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by switt

1. 1990 B2 4wd low problematic

Cleaned, with crc ele cleaer, the ele connection to the speed sensor at the transfer case and the ABS wheel speed sensor on rear differential. Things appear to gotten worse. Can no longer count on switching into, or out of, 4 low with ignition only. Was worried would have to drive home in 4...
  2. 1990 B2 4wd low problematic

Checked the ele connection to the speed sensor at the transfer case, looks good. Going to clean connection and if that doesn't work, buy Doorman 917-614 vehicle speed sensor for less than 12 on amazon. Also doing same with ABS wheel speed sensor on rear differential since my ABS light...
  3. 1990 B2 4wd low problematic

I think you may have nailed it down. My cruise control has been substantially nonfunctioning lately. I'll be checking that speed sensor or plug out tomorrow. Who knows, may even fix my cruise control.
  4. 1990 B2 4wd low problematic

Yes, like always said, foot on brake, neutral, and clutch in for good measure. Took it for a short drive and it worked in neutral, and in 1st, R, or any gear. Then it quit working, but still worked with ignition on and engine off. It must have something to do with sensing neutral. Not sure how...
  5. 1990 B2 4wd low problematic

My B2 easily goes into 4wd high but not so much with 4wd low. The low light just flashes and doesn't engage 4wd low. Strangely though, if I shut off the engine and turn the ignition on, it engages the 4wd low. However, I then need to turn the motor off to disengage 4wd low. Anyone have any...
  6. 1990 2.9 B2

Silly question, what kind of gauge fits the fuel pressure valve on the rail? Looks like tire gauge, but it doesn't fit.
  7. 1990 2.9 B2

Thanks, read codes 15 and 16. Not sure this helps me any. 15 (O) No Keep Alive Memory power to PCM pin 1 or bad PCM (Memory Test Failure) (M) KAM (pin 1) was interrupted (was battery disconnected ?) 16 1.9L & 2.5L - Throttle stop set too high - IDLE or Idle Set Procedures 2.3L -...
  8. 1990 2.9 B2

Ahh, found it laying on passenger side wheel well. Yes, have had engine light and ABS lights come on and then turn back off. Hopefully can scan codes but it is an odd shaped plug.
  9. 1990 2.9 B2

A while back my 2.9 L began starting very rough, but idling smoothly. Then, began loosing power but would occasionally punch through the low power. Now, rough start and continuous low power. Thought maybe ERG, but don't think I have one of those. Perhaps a sensor? I would report any codes, but...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad