• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by swynx

1. swynx

Anybody have experience with Mabbco engines?

this is all good news to me! i have a f150 302 block thats in great condition, thinking of rebuilding it. but a few weeks ago i ran across this same company, and i was like there is no way they can do the same short block work for half of a reputable company. i did research for like 10 minutes...
  2. swynx

opinions on what ecu to run with 4.0

that was a total wash any ways. ive seen and heard this engine run before. i was there when it got parked, which is why i wanted it. in cylinder number 1 there is a line so deep, you can put a cloth towel over you finger and still feel it. as well i noticed that the 94 pickup has 3 large plugs...
  3. swynx

lmao, i didnt even realize i said obd 1 / obd 2, i totally meant oxygen sensors. my thought to were that if it worked in the donor, it should work in this pickup, and its simple enough to swap. i wasnt sure if i might run into issues, but im pretty sure that wasnt a thing until pats came into...
  4. swynx

picked up a 120k mile 4.0 ohv from a 1st gen explorer, i got the engine, the harness, and the ecu. the explorer was a 5 speed. the truck im putting it into is a 1994 with a 4.0 and 5 speed. i noticed that the explorer exhaust just has 1 obd 2 sensor at the y, the pickup has 1 on each down pipe...
  5. swynx

What might be causing coil packs to go bad?

Took the engine out for a rebuild. First try it started right up, shut it off and couldn’t get it to start. Confirmed fuel, then switched out the coil pack for a confirmed working used one. then I got one start, shut it off and it wouldn’t start. Checked the ohms on both coil packs. The...
  6. swynx

repairing recovery/tow strap

the strap is 5 years old, it just ripped the looped end off for some reason, really clean tear to as well, not many stringers. the strap on amazon is like 25$ now days, not a whole lot. ill honestly probably never use it again untill my kinetic strap breaks.
  7. swynx

behavior of a lunchbox

supposed to make a snow wheeling trip tomorrow, so I was doing a pre trip check of everything, found a bad d35 seal. dirty diff fluid, pulled the diff, to find that 3 of the 4 springs on my aussie locker were broken. upon inspection I found that the guy who put the aussie in 5 years ago, put the...
  8. swynx

cutting heater box

got a wild hair in me and decided to reshape the box to resemble a non a/c box, its slim with a direct air channel, felt abunch of air escaping around the edge of the blower motor, as there was no seal there, sealed up that as well as added new seal around the entire box. i can at least now feel...
  9. swynx

Recommend me a bumper

matt dresselhaus used to have iether a kit he would cut out, and ship, you weld it. or for a bit more he would weld it up and ship it to you. its a sweet low profile design. might be a bit more than your wanting tho. i think hes still active on this forum.
  10. swynx

repairing recovery/tow strap

have an old recovery strap laying around thats a 30 footer, its good for 25k lbs, last year i ripped one of the loop ends off of it. was wondering if anyone has ever made a new loop and sewed it back together with some super strength fishing line or something else? i bought a ditch pig kinetic...
  11. swynx

cutting heater box

the air worked fantastic until i did the sohc 4.0 swap, and had to modify the box. after that i get alot of fan noise, but not much air. i can barely feel it on my hands. you can feel it switch between foot/vent/defrost. going down the highway at 45 it will cook you out, even if you turn it off...
  12. swynx

cutting heater box

has any one modified there a/c heater box and actually had it work worth a crap? i pulled the a/c deal out and plugged the holes where the lines came out, still dont get enough air flow to even defrost the windows within an hour, only time the heat comes out decent is when im on the highway. im...
  13. swynx

identifying mustang parts

they just used the stock ranger transmission. does any one know if you can use 4.0 parts to mate a 2.3 engine/trans? i have a 4.0 clutch/pressure plate/flywheel that have like 5k miles on them, im assuming they are different.
  14. swynx

identifying mustang parts

my dad has a early 90's 2wd ranger pickup, supposedly it has a mustang 2.3 in it. someone put a cheapo parts store clutch kit in it like 6 months ago and the slave went out and i was going to buy a luk kit and put it in for him. ive never seen 2.3l mustang parts, and i assume that they are...
  15. swynx

what is the general consensus on cylinder pressures?

idk about those models, but i know on the wj that the front core support is removable fairly easy. if you just get a motor the swap should be fairly simple.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad