• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by texasranger

1. What if you couldn't buy another new car?

I admit that my outlook on the American consumer culture is a little extreme, but since the day of the General Motors/UAW strike, I've been pondering this thought. Nobody NEEDS a new car, and of course, we on these automotive websites are generally the DIY types that enjoy keeping older stuff...
  2. High RPM engine noise.

Hi everybody. My 2000 3.0/auto 4x4 makes a chirping/exhaust leak type sound at high rpm's. As in when it downshifts for a hill and the revs go over 4000. Probably an exhaust leak? I've been searching the site here and the only reference I've found to such a problem is the current thread...
  3. Finally joined to share your vast knowledge.

Hi, I've known about the website for a while now, but I finally needed some help with something I couldn't figure out and registered in order to use the forums. My first Ranger was an '86 2WD and I had to scrounge up an engine for it before I could even drive it. Ended up putting a...
  4. possible clunk in axle upon acceleration

Hi...2000 Ranger/3.0/auto/4x4...I think this is an axle problem, but I'll describe it the best I can and let you experts decide. When I am moving out from a dead stop, there are two felt clunks. If I start out real slow there is only one, but then give it a little more throttle and there is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad