• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by theant

1. theant

2000 XLT 2WD 3speed auto, 3.0L v6 2wd breaks flexplates

Plate finally centered out. Selling for whatever I can get. If somebody is interested in the salted road land let me know. Otherwise it will be sold to one of the Mexico outfits that look through all the neighborhoods for trucks that they take to the valley and clean and repair them and sell...
  2. theant

not rust free but not 23 years bad for sure. Nothing in danger of failing. I bet you have rust buckets with good drive trains, right? Maybe I need one of those since mine can't roll! It could use a paint job though. Dead paint.
  3. theant

This evening I went to pick up pecans at a nearby school. Pecan pie time in Texas! Tried to start and nothing but the squeal of a starter that can't reach the teeth well enough to engage. So this flex plate plate is gone. I will sell it, maybe to those who take trucks like this to Mexico and...
  4. theant

Nevermind, I will sell my Ranger and find something else to drive. I love my old truck but have nobody who I KNOW can repair it. I have tried all the things listed anywhere. Multiple threads in different places, and I think 2 of them have most of the drawn out saga in addition to threads by...
  5. theant

I really said too much in my OP. Maybe wanted to vent, cry on somebody's shoulder... What I want to do is put a new or reman (better be a great one) and think that will fix my problem. Like I say slow rabbits and all the tips have been checked and replaced. I would even consider getting an...
  6. theant

2000 XLT 2WD 3speed auto, 3.0L v6 2wd breaks flex plates. I blew a head gasket and radiator neck a few years back and had to let it sit until I could afford to fix it. Heads were beyond cleaning and rebuilding, from rust because of radiator water leak internally. Replacing the heads cost...
  7. theant

Bed is off truck, what should I do?

Real nice! I don't have the skills... I would have to put my Harbor Freight 170Amp welding rig on there, heh!
  8. theant

Bed is off truck, what should I do?

So who gots pichers of flatbed ranger?
  9. theant

Replaced with used engine, breaks flex plates, 2000 3.0lv6

Shortly after having mechanic replace my engine (blown radiator, head gasket, too much time sitting with water in it) replaced with a used 70-kilomiles engine replacing my 170kmiles, both 3.0l V6. First "rattle out of the box" was said to be too long of bolts they used on the flex plate...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad