• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tolehouse

1. tolehouse

1988 Bronco 2 Pre-build Check

Rusty, I'd considered rebuilding the 2.9 as it's been good to me, but I fear that the added stress and weight from the rebuild and planned add ons will leave me wanting for more power. I may save it and rebuild it on my own time later, as I already have 2 Mazda/Ford L3-vdt engines in my garage...
  2. tolehouse

I'm conscious of the B2's notoriety for instability even in stock conditions. Extended radius arms with the lift kit should help extend the wheelbase some, but I take care to go thru corners smoothly/gently. I may offset the wheels out slightly to further increase the wheelbase size for...
  3. tolehouse

Appreciate the input! I know the M5ODR1 came bolted to the 4.0 on some RBV. Is the M5ODR2 also compatible, or just overkill at that point? 4.0 will either be junkyard sourced and rebuilt, or purchased as a reman to let someone else do the rebuild
  4. tolehouse

Not sure who did the paint in the truck's 35 year history, but it brought a smile to my face when I found it on craigslist
  5. tolehouse

I have an 88 B2 with just shy of 200k that is due to be rebuilt after several years of abuse. I'll probably tackle the build in stages, but wanted to run my plan by those with more experience to avoid any major pitfalls or save myself from drastically over building a particular segment of the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad