• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Toomanycars

1. Toomanycars

wtb wiring harness (ford 5.0 )

I noticed that the hugo/transmission portion of the harness i have is missing . so is there a kind soul on here that would be willing to donate this chunk of harness to keep my project in a forward moving direction.. or I spose i could pay some one for it too
  2. Toomanycars

picked up a new truck

94 .. 4.0 auto ..
  3. Toomanycars

little help with the accessories

So I went to the you-pull-it salvage yard today and there was a complete 97 merc mountaineer awd 5.0 . so I grabbed the power steering and bracket and the alternator and bracket.. I got the upper intake throttle body injectors, fuel rail, and Monday im going back for the lower intake and heads...
  4. Toomanycars

2wd to 4wd

So I have a stupid question . I just inherited a 92 4.0 auto standard cab 4x4 .. The problem with the truck is that i will not go forward in any gear.. I will move just fine in reverse but nothing in any forward gear.. Now my question is this ... I have the good 2wd tranny out of my 91 4.0...
  5. Toomanycars

wiring help..

truck info .. originally 1991 4.0 auto So im to the point now were I have to make the truck and the motor get along .. I have a complete engine and tranny harness and the comp .. I have a haynes repair manual for the mustang that the harness came out of and one for the ranger as well .. Now...
  6. Toomanycars

transmision help.

So I have been reading threw the conversion page and there is one thing that is unclear to me .,.. I have a 4.0 with a auto overdrive tranny.. I am installing a 5.0 with a auto overdrive tranny ... what parts do i need to order for this .. i saved the yoke off the v8 drive shaft.. do I need to...
  7. Toomanycars

I need a wiring harness for a ford 5.0

just as the title says i need one ... I have a 5.0 and aod tranny out of a 89 town car but mice and squirrels ate alot of the wiring.. so if anyone has one please let me know.. thanks Jim
  8. Toomanycars

help with my runing lights..

I have a 1990 ranger.. when I turn on the lights the front runing lights come on but the rears do not.. if i hit the brakes the brake lights work if i use the turn signals they all work and the revers lights work .. so what would cause only the runing lights not to work.. even the license plate...
  9. Toomanycars

5.0 swap spring selection

well i have read alot of articles on this swap and I have most of it down ... I have one question that I have not found the answer to .. my truck is droped with a beltech 4/4 kit.. with the 4.0 in the truck the front end sits about 1 inch lower than the back .. so im thinking that when i put the...
  10. Toomanycars

steering wheel help..

So I have a 91 that I am working on .. I have started cleaning replacing and dying the interior.. Now my steering wheel is old and worn so I would like to replace it .. I dont want to use a new factory wheel but rather find something that will add to the work i have already done... My problem...
  11. Toomanycars

flip the axel or flip the shakel?

I will say from experience .. I did the rear suspension work on my 2wd with the bed off (look at my build thread for pics) and it was a piece of cake .. I had to replace a shackle on my 4x4 and i did that with the bed on and it was a major PIA...
  12. Toomanycars

Help finding some headlights

I found these on ebay and REALLY like them but there alittle out of my price range ,,,.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160559754893&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT Is there any other light setup like this cheeper .??
  13. Toomanycars

Project dropzone.. 91 reg cab short box 4.0 aut

well heres the story.... My dad calls me up and asks if i want to start anther project .,.. I have a 45x30 shop that has 4 projects in it and theres 3 out side weighting to get in so I reply with not really but curious I asked what he had in mind... well come to find out he had purchased his...
  14. Toomanycars

ranger .... explorer

Can anyone tell me will the front end off a 94 explorer fit on my 91 ranger .. more spacificly will the fenders hood and lights transfer ??
  15. Toomanycars

new from mn

hello . names jim own two rangers at the moment . A 90 4x4 2.9 5speed reg cab , and a 91 4.0 auto 2wd strd cab.. see ya in the forums

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad