• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Truckedup

1. 09 5 speed gear box oil

Time to change the tranny oil, 09 5 speed 4.0 4x4, 95,000 miles...Do you guys recommend something other than what Ford says? With the AX15 5 speed in my Jeep and the NV3500 5 speed in my Silverado , Redline oils of the proper grade seemed to make them shift better especially when cold.. And...
  2. Weight on the scale

Mistake Ignore, a mistake
  3. 09 4.0 slow to drop RPM between shifts

2009 4.0 5 speed 4x4...Lately it seems the engine is slow to drop RPM when the accelerator pedal is released between shifts...It's more noticeable at less than 3000 rpm..When pulling to a stop the engine will slow down to a smooth 750 rpm idle after a few seconds. It runs well at all speeds, no...
  4. Flatbeds.................

I pulled the bedliner out of my 09 4x4 Sport to find the bed is rusted badly...Big holes in the floor and wheel wells, the three inner cross rails have turned to dust. I pulled off the bed.....The frame cross member behind the cab was rotted but I welded in new metal..The frame rails are ok....I...
  5. 09 rotted frame crossmember

I bought an 09 4x4 Sport super cab that appeared to be in pretty good shape body wise... I Removed the bed to deal with one rusted through bed cross rail....I found three totally rotted crossrails.. But far worse is the frame cross member behind the cab is totally rotted on the right...
  6. What does this Chevy guy think about Ranger

I have a long line bought used Chevy trucks for the last 35 years.And also many used Jeep Cherokees. I have never owned a Ford truck before I bought this 09 Ranger Sport 4x4 4.0 5 speed three months ago...Our other vehicles are a 99 Cherokee 4x4 5 speed and an 03 Silverdao short bed 2wd 5 speed...
  7. Noisy limited slip?

I have owned for about three months an 09 Ranger Sport 4.0 5 speed 4x4 with the stock limited slip rear axle, R6 code...94,000 miles and it seems to have not been abused.. The posi seems to function normally but at slow speeds making sharp right or left turns there a slight humming noise or...
  8. Tire pressure sensors

This has probably been discussed many times but I'm new so bear with me...:D I recently bought an 09 Ranger Sport 4x4 4.0 5 speed...The trucks has older 15 inch wheels and 255 tires that aren't the best...I have a set of new 235/75-16 unmounted tires and stock 16x7 steel wheels I got for what...
  9. New guy

Just bought an 09 Ranger Sport 4x4 4.0 5 speed for my wife...Not a bad truck...I have never owned a Ford truck, just Chevys :D...And my two 90's Jeep Cherokees...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad