• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Twizzler09

1. Twizzler09

1995 Compact Truck Comparison

Years back when I still worked as a lube tech in a tire shop....remember seeing a Dakota with a V8 that was nearly 6.0L in displacement. I can't remember mopar engine sizes...but I do remember that that truck sounded mean and drove meaner!
  2. Twizzler09

4.6L info needed?

I never saw them in anything older than '97 back when I still worked in a shop. Huh. Neat. Edit: 97 was the year they were introduced to the trucks, that's where I got that. Didn't realize they'd been used in a couple car models prior to that. The more you know.
  3. Twizzler09

4.6L info needed?

Are you referring to the 4.6l V8 modular motors? If I recall correctly, those didn't exist until somewhere around '97.
  4. Twizzler09

Ok guys, lets see your project lists....

My project list is pretty short. '03 Buick Century Replace all four brakes Find and fix oil leak Find and fix source of occasional coolant smell in cab Replace noisy blower motor Would do this myself but don't have a place to work. So wind up paying shops to do it. Real estate in my area is...
  5. Twizzler09

Just how powerful is the explosion during the power stroke?

Also out of pure boredom (my job is extremely uneventful) I decided to see how many "booms" there are in one second for the OHV 4.0L making peak power. 17 and 1/2 explodey events per second to generate .119MJ of energy. So each bang is generating 0.0068MJ of energy. Or 5015.42 ft/lbs. A boxer's...
  6. Twizzler09

Oh! I got it now. That makes far more sense. I completely overlooked the x6 for six cylinders. :dunno:
  7. Twizzler09

Quite true! Wasn't sure how in depth OP wanted to go, so didn't bother getting that far into it. But overall, gasoline engines are surprisingly efficient machines in a lot of ways. Inefficient, too. But nothing is perfect. Also might want to look at 50 BMG again? Military ball ammo hits around...
  8. Twizzler09

Well, the grenade generates that energy all at once. Then sends it literally in all directions and it weakens further due to dispersion as the pressure wave travels farther from the flashpoint. So the actual energy being imparted to target is far less. The energy created by a 160hp motor over...
  9. Twizzler09

That depends greatly on how much power is being generated by that engine at the time. A little arithmetic..... 160 horsepower equates to 0.119 megajoule per second. For comparison, a single 30mm shot from the warthog's GAU8 cannon is roughly 0.303 megajoules at the muzzle. A standard frag...
  10. Twizzler09

Screwed it all up. Help

Thought about that myself, but those are all moot points if it doesn't fire on starting fluid.
  11. Twizzler09

For Sale Rare 1997 4.0L Ranger

I realize it's been ages since there's been an update here, but is this thing still on the market?
  12. Twizzler09

Old Timer making a return

You and me both! Market is absolute bonkers as it stands right now. Might take me awhile, but something'll show up that's worth the effort.
  13. Twizzler09

Thanks for the welcome, fellas! Definitely gonna bide my time, either a good deal will come up or the market will get better. Not sure which'll happen first but hey... guess we'll find out.
  14. Twizzler09

Thanks. And I noticed, the vehicle market as a whole has gone berserk. My first ever ranger, bought it for 3 grand in 2004. Would sell for about 7 or 8 grand in the current market. Its kinda nuts. But I'm really itching to get back into the rbv game.
  15. Twizzler09

Hey there everyone. Been many a year since I logged in here, so just thought I'd drop a line and say hello before posting elsewhere. So, hello! Long time ranger enthusiast, much to my family's dismay. They're largely Chevy folk. Army vet and full time security officer. Haven't owned an RBV for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad