• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by user111

1. Crankshaft Position Sensor, 2004 Ranger XLT 3.0

I found where my Crankshaft Position Sensor is on front of engine. Surprised to find the gear wheel is in the open as is the Crankshaft Position Sensor is. I only have one wire going to the CPS where the plug has 2 prongs. Have I lost a wire from the engine, if so Where does the wire go to...
  2. 2004 Ford Ranger 4Dr Supper Cab Make Cabin Air Filter

I just buy 2004 Ford Ranger and it does not have a Cabin Air Filter. I need one and was wondering if anyone ever made one. I am thinking of buying a 12v Portable Vehicle Fan and Jerry Rig a Filter with it. If you have made one could you share with me some details. Thanks Paul
  3. Ford Starter Problems, Ford Ranger 2.8 1984

Starter problems that I have finally found That have caused me problems. I was replacing Starters at least once a year and sometimes more if I got a bad one. This last starter lasted 6 months, I have read about what may be causing my problems such as shims and tried that. Did not help I...
  4. Install Passenger Door 1984 Ranger

I just got a used Passenger Door and have removed the one that was installed. I marked the hinges on both door and body. But the door does not line up. And Hinge bolts are hard to access with door on, with one bolt looks impossible to get to with a wrench. There must be some tricks I am not...
  5. Holley Carb, 4160 390cfm

Running rich when passes out of the idol stage. I have been searching and trying to find out why, gas is beind dumped in the carb in running stage. If I just coast along with gas pedal up it does not dump gas, but when I am holding the accelarator down to hold steady speed on flat run of road...
  6. Passenger side glass broke on me. 1984 Ford Ranger 2 Door.

I do not know where to post this. I was looking for replacement glass and how to videos. Found one how to video but it was edited and did not show the steps. All complete. on Youtube. The 2 pins and plastic looking washers, are the rivet or push clamps just drilled out. If that is so. Then...
  7. Water By-Pass Hose and Thermostat Why and How

It is my understanding the Water By Pass is for warm up of engine when its first started, It allows the coolant to recirculate from the bottom of engine block to the top of the block, until the thermostat is opened when engine is up to temp, with the thermostat open for flow to the radiator...
  8. Dash Speedometer Cable

I tried to remove the Speedometer Cable and could not pull out the instrument Cluster Panel far enough to see how to release the cable, Can someone tell me or show me how to release or remove the Speedometer cable, with out seeing the cable, Haynes book says there is a release but does not go in...
  9. Offy Intake and Overheating

Truck is still overheating 2.8, its not the jets I run a meter connected to the oxy sensor and vacumn guage. I can not put thermostat on top as there is no undercut on the offy water neck, I looked at the Ford part #D2RY8592A online Offy says I can use but it looks to be off a 1972 Capri with...
  10. Reseal Windshield

1984 Ford Ranger, how would I find details how to reseal my front windshield. Ihave a water leak on the Passenger side. I has the chrome strip in the molding. If this is wrong place to post this, plz direct me to correct place Thanks
  11. Radiator hose to use with Offenhauser water neck

I have forgot which Vehicle Top Radiator Hose to use with the Offenhauser Water Neck for a good fit. The universal one I have leaks. Its a Gates and I have not had good experience with any gates products. Thanks
  12. Doors that will fit 1984 Ford Ranger

I am looking for model years that doors will fit 1984 Ford Ranger with direct bolt on. Thanks I tried to search here, either the website will not let me as it gives me the advance search page or its my browser,,IE 8..
  13. To Hot underhood, with headers

I installed to small hood scoops thinking it would vent out the hot air, when at idle, it did not work. any suggestions to make underhood heat less with headers. They are wraped and still its too hot underhood Thanks
  14. Rivets to fasten sheet metal

Is there a rivet that will not have the center hole and that will or can fit more flush with the metal..like a rivet used in aircraft. And work in pop rivet tool.. I want to do the work while on the truck so I would like to be able to use the pop rivet tool. Or is there another way to fasten...
  15. 4160 Holley Carb

I got a Throttle Solenoid Bracket for my 4160 and I think its not the correct one. I do not see how it mounts. Some websites show the longer bracket and some show the shorter bracket. I have the shorter bracket Any one have a pic of a 4160 Holley Carb with a Throttle Solenoid installed or can...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad