• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by V8Notch

1. Replace manifold gaskets - Barely runs now

2000 4.0 OHV Ranger, 5 speed. Ran fine but the lower manifold gasket was leaking coolant. I replaced the lower intake manifold gasket. I got the whole Fel-Pro upper/lower set with the upgraded design. I used “The Right Stuff” to seal the front and rear manifold to block joints. Marked all my...
  2. Popping/pulse with NEW calpiers/pads/rotors

I just replaced the pads, rotors and calipers on my 2000 Ranger. Replaced them because it was time. No issues before. Hub bearings felt good. Now I go test drive it and it makes a audible popping sound when I brake. Sounds like the drivers side. I can also feel it in the pedal. Only when I...
  3. Do FX4 15" Alcoa's fit 98-2000 4x4?

Do FX4 15" Alcoa's fit 98-2000 4x4 Vacuum Hubs? Do the FX4 Alcoa's fit over the vacuum hubs on the 98-2000 4x4 rangers? Thanks!
  4. Replacing brake shoes...Do I need to turn the drums?

Putting on new brakes shoes to upgrade. Not sure how long the old ones were on but they look almost new. Drums measure well below the max diameter. No gouging or deep grooves. Only this is the tiny lip on the edge of the drum where the shoes don't wear the surface down. Is it worth turning...
  5. T-Case Output Yoke

My 2000 4.0 4x4 5spd Ranger has a ping sound coming from the t-case output yoke. When I engage forward or reverse. I found that Ford has a TSB on it to replace the t-case output flange with a revised design. TSB: 99-16-1 Part# XL5Z-7b214-AA Called the dealership and was told they no longer...
  6. Cracked Frame Repair

So my frame is cracked. I'm going to fix it myself. What do you think of this for a reinforcement plate? I'm going to use 1/8". The frame isn't much thicker than that. Just beyond the slotted hole on the left the frame bends, that is why I didn't make it any longer. The holes for the shock...
  7. Frame Cracking!

You can see the rust marks. Bottom and top right rivets. Other side of the truck looks ok. This is on the passenger side just in front of the rear tire. I've only had the truck for a year and I'm sure I didn't see these before but who knows how long its been like this. I don't off road it...
  8. 2007 factory exhaust into 2000?

Will a 2007 factory exhaust fit a 2000? This only a cat back. Both are extended cab. My exhaust drones too much on the long road trips and I found a good deal on a factory cat back. Looks like 1998+ are all the same. Can someone confirm.
  9. Load E too much?

I've got stock 16" rims. Factory tire size is 245/75/16. Most A/T tires in this size are load E. Is that too much? Any drawback to that other than a stiffer ride. Can't I run them at 30psi? No need for the full 80psi rating.
  10. Shifter moving. Worn tranny/engine mounts?

When in gear and accelerating hard the shifter moves sideways about 3/4". This is a 5spd. Since the mounts are rubber I figure some movement is acceptable. Is that too much though. I didn't see any cracks on the mounts when I looked. Thanks.
  11. Getting rid of factory blocks

Getting rid of factory lifting blocks I've got a 2000 4x4 "Off Road" w/ about 110k on it. The rear "C" springs are sagging and I want to replace them. The truck also came with stock lifting blocks with a built in bump stop. Can I get rid of these? Can I get some explorer springs and belltec...
  12. Idle jumps to 1500rpm when a/c cycles on

My idle jumps to 1500rpm when the a/c cycles on and off. Not when the A/C is running just the pump clycling on and off. The IAC valve is new and it idles fine other than that. I've reset the computer by leaving the battery disconnected for a while. Sounds like I'm reving it.
  13. Hard starting when cold - Won't idle

This morning it was -20F outside. :bawling: Truck was not plugged in. It cranked no problem and I felt it catch but it just would not idle with out alot of help from the gas pedal. I had to keep my foot in it for 10-15 seconds before it would idle on it own. Air/fuel filters, plugs maybe 3...
  14. Replacing ignition/door key cylinder on 2000 Ranger

Do they sell kits to replace the the 2 doors and ignition with matching keys? My passenger door cylinder was attacked with a screwdriver and I only have 1 key. So I figure why not just replace the whole lot. I realize I would need to have the new keys programed.
  15. 98+ front diff. housing mount bushings?

Anyone had to replace the front differential housing mount bushings. There are 3 of them. The rear vertical one looks like its crumbling and I get a thump in 4x4. Any aftermarket source? Are they easy to pull? Can the diff stay in place?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad