• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by vwnut

1. Changing tire size using Forscan

Curious to weather you're using the free version or the extended license. I'm looking at making the speedometer correction on a 99 but reluctant to invest if it's not capable on the older models.
  2. Speedometer Calibration -Techs Please

Thanks for clarifying that. Thought I read somewhere axle size was changed in the RWABS module. I wonder if you have to access that module directly or would it link through the GEM? I see in the wiring schematic that the RWABS has a diagnostic port. Looks to have a plug configuration different...
  3. Speedometer Calibration -Techs Please

So, if I understand you correctly, to accurately calibrate the speedometer to the new tire size, you would also have to make the change in the rear end size?
  4. Speedometer Calibration -Techs Please

1999 Ranger 3 Ltr 5sp with RWABS Changed tire size from 225 70 15 to 235 75 15 Also changed rear end from 7.5 to 8.8 From what I've read, tire size is changed in the GEM module and the rear end size is changed in the RWABS module I have access to dealer software and looking for some direction as...
  5. Plate Spacer...Right and Left??

Going to put a set of 1 1/4 " blocks in the rear of my Mazda / Ranger. There has been some talk of a right and left. Is that on all blocks or maybe just the taller ones to help with pinion angle? Got a set from the U Pull. Same part # on both blocks. Looked to be original equipment.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad