• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by wlpetty3

1. wlpetty3

PS fluid vs Mercon V ATF

Why do people keep saying not to use ATF? my owners manual specificly says mercon V ATF for the power steering. what gives?
  2. wlpetty3

need to replace my rack & pin

How much can I expect to pay a shop to have it replaced? also if its leaking and Im keeping it topped off is it ok to neglect it for a while? (gotta save the money first) Ive been neglecting it for a while but now im worried as its developed an odd squeek but only when turing to the left. no...
  3. wlpetty3

my fault, I was being stupid.

so a while back I was being a jackass and doing doughnuts in a empty wet parking lot. well I guess I cranked my steering too far and now its screwed up. now my power steering only works if I rev my engine. it has plenty of fluid and doesnt leak anything. with out reving my engine, no power...
  4. wlpetty3

'98 2/3 drop kit question

so I thought a flip kit came with new shakles. why the chevy ones? so is the only thing thats missing from the djm 2/3 kit are the camber adjusters? and shocks?(they say are optional, but I think required) how many hour job is it to install, or what can I expect to have to pay a mechanic to do...
  5. wlpetty3

'98 2/3 drop kit question

ok so Ive read all the stuff on the tech page and read through the other posts and im still have questions. DJM 2/3 kit is about $470 according to the tech page. and thats just the springs for the front, flip kit and shakles for the rear, and a set of shocks.(is that really all? seems pricy)...
  6. wlpetty3

Sticky stock shifter

I have a 98 ranger xlt 2wd with the dinosaur vulcan 3.0L v6 and a 4spd w/ OD (or is that just a 5spd?) Shifting used to be pretty smooth untill I hit the 120,000 mile mark. but now I have to use more force than usual to get it in to 1st or 2nd. sometimes if I cycle through the gears with the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad