• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by xtremeRanger

1. xtremeRanger

37" boggers on 2nd gen

So im wondering if i get a 4" lift, 3" Body, and some fender cutting do you think i can fit a 37" bogger? I will be running 4.56 gears and have the D35 and 8.8, the 4.0 and M5OD swapped in by then. Think i should be fine? The truck will be my winter beater anyways i have my 98 vw gti for my...
  2. xtremeRanger

8.8 Splines???

Whats the advantage of having 31 splines from a explorer 8.8 compared to the rangers 8.8 with the i think its 28 splines??? I want to know the advantages of it. Thanks a bunch guys, looking forward to your Help! Matt
  3. xtremeRanger

Would Explorer Cargo Coils level out my Ranger?

I am wondering if a Explorer Cargo coil would lift the front end of my Ranger to level it out? I'm just wondering since i heard explorer coils can lift around a inch and the coil being a "cargo" coil would be able to handle the load. There is a noticeable price difference between a Moog cargo...
  4. xtremeRanger

FM146 tranny bolt to 4.0L?

Can the FM146 transmission bolt up to the 4.0 engine?
  5. xtremeRanger

Questions for the 4.0 swap

Can the FM146 transmission bolt up to the 4.0 from a 94 explorer? Can i use the 2.9L motor mounts for the 4.0? Can my 2.9L pacesetter headers work on the 4.0? Let me know guys!!! THANKS, Matt
  6. xtremeRanger

Help! Couple Questions.

I was wondering what parts are usable from the D28 for the D35, Can i use my D28 manual hubs on the D35? Brake Calipers? Do i need any steering parts from the D35 donor? Sorry for the nub questions, Just looking for straight forward answers. Hope you guys can give me the right answers needed
  7. xtremeRanger

Check out my New Beefy Bumper!

Well a few days ago i picked up a bumper for my ranger, It used to be on a 2nd gen ranger and was custom built by the previous owner. It needs a few repairs and I'm going to take a wire wheel to it and get a nice coat of Rock guard. I need to get the brackets modified to get it working right on...
  8. xtremeRanger

D35 swap questions

I drive a 1989 ford ranger custom ext 4x4 and i currently have the D28 front axle. I broke a outer u-joint on the passenger side and im wondering if it should be a direct bolt in and if i can use my manual hubs, brake calipers? Will my front driveshaft be the right length as well? Please let...
  9. xtremeRanger

Broke my pass side u-joint or axle shaft?

Ok so i was driving around town today and i started hearing this clunking noise like if something was banging around. So i hopped under my pass side and checked out the hub area. And seen that my u-joint is snapped in pieces. Is that the easy side to change? I know it would be easier upgrading...
  10. xtremeRanger

4x4 problems!

So i went four wheeling a week ago and i put my truck in 4 feet of water and i had water flowing into my cab. Now my 4 wheel drive was stuck in 4 low and then i managed to get it shut off so i was able to drive home, But the front drive shaft is locked and the hubs are turned to free. I know...
  11. xtremeRanger

Axle pivot bracket question

Hey i was wondering if i bought the 4" brackets and only had a 1.5" lift right now and installed them, would that make wear and tear? if im running a smaller lift to the 4" axle pivots? im just wondering for if i ever wanted to put 2" coil spacers in.
  12. xtremeRanger

My Beast in the making!

Hey guys well this is my 1989 ranger thought it was time for some updates and pictures. I have done alot of small things to the truck but i still have a list of things needed to be done. Yesterday i was playing around with some cans of rock guard on my truck, swapped in a better condition tail...
  13. xtremeRanger

Spring Wheeling ~lots of pictures~

well i went wheeling with a local club here, April 10th, still a bit of snow and ice, but ther afternoon came and it started warming up changing the driving conditions. there was 5 rigs my bro drives the red jeep xj. here is the pictures The weather was awesome and i had...
  14. xtremeRanger

Ranger stock hieght???

i know i could just go measure a ranger around town but i wanna know if any of you guys know off the top of your head what a stock height 4x4 ranger sits at, belly to ground clearance? ground to bottom of wheel well front and back? i have tried searching for any kinda specs and im having no...
  15. xtremeRanger

Jeep coil spacers

will 2 inch jeep coil spacers work with the ranger? I have a pair that i found laying around. they are from Rocky Road brand. I haven't been able to take pics, but maybe you guys have an idea of what they look like. If they will work than thats awesome, i will be able to level out my truck up front.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad