• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by y0da

1. Engine Dying when warm

Ok, I've pretty much had it with this truck. Its had a gremlin living under the hood since I've owned it. Its an 86 extended cab 5spd 4x4 STX ranger. It has a new transmission, clutch, slave, master, brake master, coil, plugs, plug wires, o2 sensor, ignition module, and a few other things...
  2. 2.9L quick auto/manual question

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Can someone tell me if all the 2.9L's were drilled for the pilot bearing? My 2.9L w/ manual trans is dying, and I have a lead on a great running 2.9L w/ auto trans, Id hate to pull the whole thing only to discover...
  3. 2.9l quick auto/manual question

repost sorry
  4. Map Sensor Issues

Well, I have an 86 ranger, 2.9l 5spd manual. got it for free, dropped a donor tranny into it, replaced the plugs, wires, and o2 sensor. It failed smog at idle. IAC is working fine, but... I have a feeling my issue is with the MAP sensor. Now, before I go spend another 40 dollars I dont need to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad