• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Yondering

1. ‘94 manual clattering in 3rd gear only

Yeah, that was my assumption too; we'll have to tear into it to find out what's up. I was just hoping maybe someone else had heard of the same issue. Thanks for the diagram, that helps too. My first thought was a broken tooth on one of the 3rd gear wheels, but for the noise it's making, I...
  2. ‘94 manual clattering in 3rd gear only

Unfortunately it’s the electric t-case with the push buttons on the dashboard, not a manual transfer case shifter.
  3. ‘94 manual clattering in 3rd gear only

I could use some thoughts from you experienced Ranger guys. 94 4x4, 4.0, manual 5 speed (I think that would be the M5OD?) This one is a Mazda B4000 if that makes a difference. All gears drive smoothly except 3rd - it makes a rattling/clattering sound through the shifter, pretty loudly, when...
  4. 96 4.0 in a 94 - issues?

Hmm, that’s good to hear, and maybe the reasonable thing to do for now. I’ve always operated on the assumption that if the head needs to be gone through, might as well do the bottom end too, and this does have 288K miles on it. But if it’s like my old Jeep 4.0 that I rebuilt at 237K which...
  5. 96 4.0 in a 94 - issues?

sounds good, will do. It’ll be a while though, not till this fall when my kid is in auto shop class in school. Our other alternative is to just have him rebuild the stock motor, and probably buy new or reman heads I guess. When these motors display signs of a bad head gasket, is it pretty much...
  6. 96 4.0 in a 94 - issues?

Thanks for the replies, that helps a bunch!
  7. 96 4.0 in a 94 - issues?

Hey y’all, just bought a ‘94 B4000, manual transmission, and the stock 4.0 has a head gasket or cracked head. A ‘96 Ranger 4.0 motor popped up for sale locally, and I’m thinking it’d be a good donor motor, but I’m wondering if there will be some incompatibility with electronics for those...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad