Search results

1. 1994 4.0l OHV overheating

So I bought another 1994 4.0l with blown head gaskets, both sides, cylinders #2 and #4, glove test Sent the heads out to machine shop, and much to my surprise neither was cracked valves checked OK so they surfaced them. Flushed the block out, had water pump off Flushed heater core, good flow...
  2. 2005 Ford Rangers NO PATS

Surprised me when I came across this: http://www.vintrack.com/2013 Transponder Immobi Herndon CHART.pdf My thinking was all V6 Rangers 1999 - 2011 had PATS, period, And 2001 - 2011 2.3l Duratec Rangers had it as well 2005 Rangers didn't, doesn't even say optional say deleted, couldn't find a...
  3. 2009 Ford Fusion airbag disable

Hi, Daughter has a 2009 Ford Fusion She got a passenger side airbag recall Called dealer to schedule it, was put "on the list" but was told 3 maybe 6 months before parts will available So she is afraid to let anyone sit in passenger seat 2009 doesn't have a passenger side disable switch, I...
  4. Bad link in wiring tech support

https://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/EDiagrams/files/Diagram_Instrumentpanellights_1983thru1989.jpg
  5. "unable to connect"

Getting this ^^^ message quite often now when responding to a post Happens more with Firefox than Chrome, but happens in both No problem connecting to the site or reading "most" threads, it has happened once or twice when I click to read a thread
  6. Windshield Wiper linkage

1994 Ranger 4.0l Got back from a vacation and had a dead battery, it was old, 6 years, and its been cold out, replaced it Started it up and all was well, but had left wipers on when I last parked it and we have snow here now :) and very cold so wipers came on and were frozen to window turn...
  7. Can login or renew password

Can't login or renew password For a Moderator User det107 contacted me at another site to say he can't log in at this site Thanks RonD
  8. Black Rangers?

So my 1994 Ranger is still running great but I still look at ads for used Rangers, only choice we have now, "used Rangers", lol. Yes, "they say" new Ranger is in the works FOR SURE!!! And I say when I can go down to a dealer and take a test drive I'll know it is true :) So I look thru the ads...
  9. 1994 4.0l Heater issue

Heat is not even luke warm after engine warms up On the '94 there is no by-pass or heat control valve on heater hoses Hoses run from upper intake and water pump directly to heater core hook ups on firewall, so core always has coolant flowing when engine is running Both hoses get hot, not just...
  10. O2 sensor foul up

1994 Ranger 4.0l 4x4 manual trans I usually do clutch work myself but getting older and it is a PITA, so I bit the bullet and took truck to a local shop Picked it up yesterday Clutch is good but engine was running oddly after a little warm up, missing and no power, like running on 4 of the 6...
  11. Camless engines

Yes 2-strokes are camless, and valveless for that matter, lol, but this is for 4 stroke engines. Looks like a very good idea to me. One of the problems with cams is that they have to be made for fixed RPM performance. Cam phasing(moving Cam out of time with Crank) is OK but open time for the...
  12. OMG! headlight bulb cost

Have had a few Cadillac CTS's over the years, great cars and not too expensive used, never had headlight bulb go out before. Went down to get replacement bulbs because you have to pull the front clip off to get headlight assembly out to replace the bulbs, figure regular halogen bulbs at...
  13. No start

Welcome to TRS :) Hopefully moderator will move this to correct forum My guess would be you have distributor 180deg out. I assume you put crank shaft pulley's timing mark at 0deg Top Dead Center(TDC) when installing the distributor But did you know there are TWO TDCs for #1 cylinder TDC...
  14. Waste Spark and spark plugs

Found this thread with pictures, post #11: http://www.ranger-forums.com/4-0l-ohv-sohc-v6-tech-33/can-u-use-single-platinum-spark-plug-4-0-sohc-119625/ Thank you to Takeda(Bob) for taking the time to photograph and post these pics These pictures are worth 2,000 words, lol. What got me looking...
  15. Non-automotive heating question

I have a hot water heating system, hydronic heating. Using radiators, a boiler and one pump for circulation. There are 4 Zones, 3 zones are working fine. 1 zone, the second largest, has limited flow. It has 5 radiators and 1/2" copper lines between them but.......the lines are all in/below...
  16. ABS light flashing (fixed)

1994 Ranger 4WD, 4.0l ABS light started flashing the other day(rear ABS only in this model) Turned out brake lights and tail lights were not working either, so check that first Fuse #10(15amp) in the cab fuse panel had blown Replaced and all is well Haven't found why it blew yet but I have...
  17. '94 4.0l running rich

My 1994 Ranger 4.0l 4x4 manual has been using more gas than usual for the last few months and it seemed to be getting worse. Checked the usual suspects, cleaned MAF and checked Fuel Pressure regulator(FPR). Plugs looked good, a little rich looking though, a little browner than normal. It has...
  18. 4.0L had a miss

1994 Ranger 4.0l Driving on the freeway, had been driving for about 30 min., no warning, got a misfire, you could tell it was just one cylinder not random misfires. No previous misfires at all. Drove it around the rest of the day, cylinder never came back on even intermittently, just dead...
  19. 94 4L head gasket

1994 Ranger 4x4 4L, work truck, almost 300,000 km(Canadian), been a great work truck Lost water pump about 18 months ago, I put a new one in and found I had coolant bubbling out of overflow tank and "that smell" in the exhaust. Did a compression test and found one cylinder lower than the...