Search results

1. Uncle Gump

Minimum thickness for swing out tire carrier tubing?

So when I ordered my rear bumper... I upgraded to 3/16" steel to create a stronger platform for the carrier. If I get to much flex I can always brace it back to the frame. But what about the thickness of the square tubing to build the carrier out of. I would like to keep it as light as possible...
  2. Uncle Gump

Rubber floor mat options...

My 06 has the rubber flooring from the factory and I want to put in some rubber floor mats before my heel rubs through. I see floor mats range from $30 to about $100. I don't mind paying up a bit for quality... but I want to be happy with the purchase. Any suggestions for a good fit and perhaps...
  3. Uncle Gump

Happy Fathers Day...

I woke up and found on the kitchen island a new pair of welding gloves a gift card and a tub of nozzle gel. There was also all the stuff to make my favorite cake... pineapple upside down cake. I plan to make some herb crusted pork tenderloin and a batch of potato salad for dinner and just spend...
  4. Uncle Gump

The morning news... and the end of an era

As usual... I wake up start the coffee and click on the news. I pour a cup... turn my attention to the news to see a mug shot of a middle aged lady arrested for murdering both of her parents. I say to myself... that's Debra. I have waited on her once or twice a week at my pizza shop for the past...
  5. Uncle Gump

Becoming a better welder...

So my old cheap 110v flux core welder has run it's course and it just doesn't work anymore. I would typically use that for tacking things together at home and then take whatever I was working on to the buggy shop to fully weld it. Even with a nice Miller welder my welds just didn't look good and...
  6. Uncle Gump

A little help for a total newbie...

The wife was doing some Christmas shopping on Amazon yesterday and she shot down the front bumper that was on my list. So I need to get something I want on my list before I get things I don't want or need. My goal is to add a CB to my truck but there are a lot of choices out there. I like the...
  7. Uncle Gump

Not a lot going on in this forum...

I was a very active outdoor type prior to moving to the Chicago area. My last job offered me 4 ten hour workdays... I jumped all over that Idea. I had 3 day weekends each and every week and typically hunted or fished two of those three day weekends a month. I know in the mitten state at...
  8. Uncle Gump

E rated tires

After researching wheels and tires for what seems like ever... The choices for a 16 inch wheel with a true 32 inch x < 11 inch tire that isn't E rated is basically limited at best. So after winding up the torsion bars, doing an add a leaf to the rear then putting an E rated tires on... I can't...
  9. Uncle Gump

Missing my Mitten

I spent the mass majority of my life in the mitten state. I moved away about 6 years ago, to the Chicago area, but all I want to do is get back. Chicago has been fairly good to us, but a plan has been made to cash out of the house and our pizza business that does pretty well and make that dream...
  10. Uncle Gump

94 4x4 4.0L 5 speed Chicago NW suburbs

I haven't even introduced myself on the forum... first post. Cruising the net for all things ranger this morning, sipping coffee, I came across this on CL. Its not mine... I haven't seen it in person... but I just can't help but think it would be a really good start to a nice off road rig for...