Search results

1. Is this legal? Insurance question...

Keep receipts for parts changed or added, they usually won't allow YOUR labor cost but if shop does the work in can be included. I lost a 1992 Ranger 4x4, hit on passenger side front wheel making a left turn Because it was 4x4 the insurance totaled it, they look up similar vehicles with similar...
  2. Transmission cooler lines.

Sure, but they may be attached in the frame rails Have plugs/plastic bags ready to seal the ends of the hoses/tubes You are replacing the Flex plate, a fly wheel is used with manual trans Just a heads up when you put it back together, the torque converter drives the pump inside the...
  3. Need AC electrical experts help troubleshooting...

Good work Thanks for posting the FIX
  4. Can only link one "new" remote to 96 Ranger how add more??

When you do the key on and off correctly the door locks will cycle once, and that ERASES all fobs in memory, you do this in case a fob goes missing Then you press any button on a fob, door locks will cycle IF keyless entry system can read that fob, wait 5 seconds and try again if it can't Or...
  5. Friction Modifier In P/S

I painted my P/S pump red Because...................wait for it..........................yes thats right, I like red whine :)
  6. 96 Explorer 4.0 No Spark

Crank sensor has a shield wire, it just protects it against outside interference, doesn't need to be grounded, but might be at PCM end Crank sensor is a VR type, variable reluctance, like ABS or VSS sensors These sensors Generate voltage they don't need voltage. Cranking speed, 200rpm, should...
  7. Northern truck prices vs southern truck prices.

Craigslist and auto/truck trader online sites make it pretty easy to see what the markets are like for different vehicles in different areas now
  8. Northern truck prices vs southern truck prices.

Did something similar back in the late 1970's and 1980's But with Cadillac's and Lincolns from So. Cal. and selling in Vancouver, Canada, thats how I end up living in Canada, meet a nice girl and I was a dead duck, lol, happy duck but punching well above my weight class, she is still 5 steps...
  9. 96 Explorer 4.0 No Spark

OK The Waste spark system has 2 spark plugs wired in series so testing a spark plug wire for spark doesn't always work, unless you reconnect the wire to spark plug, i.e. and inline spark tester I guess I would use test light on coil packs red wire, or battery positive, to any 1 of the 3 ground...
  10. 96 Explorer 4.0 No Spark

I know spark plugs were WET but................................ Just try 50/50 test Spray some ether or gasoline into the intake and crank engine Also pull out Starter relay from engine fuse box, so no crank Put test light or volt meter on Coil Packs Red wire Turn key on and you will see the...
  11. Friction Modifier In P/S

No, you want less friction in power steering pump not more Ford power steering pumps are just noisy, Ford deals with that by installing A VOLUME KNOB on every radio they install in every vehicle, never seen a Ford radio without a volume control, now you know WHY :) On newer models they even...
  12. Please help. Ranger XLT 4x4 1998 quit suddenly would not restart.

Welcome to TRS :) Look in the engine fuse box, replace Fuse #9 20amp that's the fuel pump power fuse, "fuse looks good" is not replacing, test it with an ohm meter or replace it Does the CEL(check engine light) come on with the key on? If so then computer is booting up If not then...
  13. Friction Modifier In P/S

K&W is a common parts store brand
  14. Evaporator housing insulation

Most hardware stores carry a similar product for heating and cooling ducts Like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/E-O-12-in-x-15-ft-Foil-and-Fiberglass-Duct-Insulation-SP55-6/100185601
  15. Need to identify the year of this Ranger

Ranger was probably stolen as well, standard MO for thieves, which would mean 1998 or older, no PATS(passive anti-theft system) It is at least gen 2 so 1993 to 1998, if it has a 4cyl engine it could be up to 2000
  16. Friction Modifier In P/S

Try the K&W trans-X posi-trac additive, your store should carry that
  17. Friction Modifier In P/S

There are different types of friction modifiers For limited slip differentials , posi-traction, they decrease friction which allows the clutches to slip when going around a corner For an automatic trans they increase friction to limit slipping At one time Ford did recommend adding the...
  18. Anti-Diesel Screw

Idle should stay high until speedometer is below 5mph or when stopped, its an emissions thing, an idling engine(under 1,000rpm), is a big polluter, so computer opens IAC Valve to hold higher RPMs as long as practical. With manual transmissions it also holds RPMs higher when shifting Newer...
  19. Need AC electrical experts help troubleshooting...

Here's the wiring diagram for 1996 AC 12volts comes from fuse 18 in cab fuse box, it travels thru the dash selector switch when its in AC, AC MAX or either Defrost setting Comes out of selector on the Purple wire to the first pressure switch, I would use a jumper wire from there to the...
  20. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

Never tested SPOUT, but signal comes from computer not module IDM is same as tachometer signal so a pulse from module, same as PIP(from distributor), and Coil(from module) Just spray fuel into the intake and crank engine If it starts and dies, and you have fuel pressure, then injectors are not...