Search results

1. ericbphoto

Nilight 50" LED light bar install with Apoc Industries custom brackets

Original Poster: Ericbphoto Difficulty: 3 out of 10 Time to install: 4-8 hrs Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to you, the...
  2. ericbphoto

aftermarket stepside bed

In case anyone out there is interested, I just found this on CL. If I had the extra cash to spend, it would get mounted on my truck. But I have to leave it. stepside bed
  3. ericbphoto

Great engineering

Having a quiet morning at work. So I was able to watch the final disassembly of a rather large crane. I'm amazed at the engineering that goes into these things. Not only can it lift up to 200 tons, and when assembled with all it's boom and jib sections can reach a height in the neighborhood of...
  4. ericbphoto

Summary thoughts

Hey everybody. I just wanted to share my thoughts about this weekend. Pictures are slowly coming in on the other threads. But there's more than just photos. This weekend was awesome. But it wasn't the weather or the camping or the wheeling that had the most influence on making it an awesome...
  5. ericbphoto

The Roadtrip begins

On the road to the trail ride as soon as I get this posted. 5:25am Thursday. I'll be going to see my cousin's near Georgetown, Ohio today. Will continue to the off-road park tomorrow. See ya there!
  6. ericbphoto

How in the world????

Ok. So I have a misfire in cylinder #4. It's a 97 F150, RWD, 4.6l. 122,800 miles I thought I would pull the plug and look at it. Well, #4 is in a tough place and that's a severe understatement. I haven't even got the wire disconnected yet. So I tackled #1 to see what I'm up against. With...
  7. ericbphoto

Anniversary Trail Ride Swap/Sell Thread

Hey everyone! For those going to the Anniversary Trail Ride, this is a great opportunity for swapping and selling parts without shipping charges. List what you have available here or list what you are looking for. Then we can either answer in this thread or pm each other to confirm the deal...
  8. ericbphoto

John Deere Ranger?!?

Found this while searching for John Deere lawn mowers on CL. https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/spartanburg-1984-ford-ranger-mini-truck/6889247625.html
  9. ericbphoto

97 F150 in SC

This will be as a thread to document the used truck I bought Wednesday. Not quite a "build" thread since I don't plan on any major mods. Just a place to gather thoughts and share what happens with it. The facts as I know them. '97 F150 RWD, 4.6l, auto, super cab, short flare side bed, maroon...
  10. ericbphoto

questions about '99 F150

Ok. I'm looking to buy something to replace my Mercedes. Found a '99 F150, 2wd, extended cab that looks good in the pictures. 166,000 miles. appears to be a southern rust-free truck. asking $3200. I will be using the truck mainly as a daily driver (about 30miles each way to work, half...
  11. ericbphoto

2 questions

Background; '93 Ranger, 3.0L, M50Dr1, 1354e, no cruise. 1. When finishing up my clutch replacement yesterday, I came across an electrical connector near the distributor that I am having trouble identifying. I've looked at electrical diagrams and searched bunches of "mystery wire/connector"...
  12. ericbphoto

Greeting of the day.

Merry Christmas, All Y'all! This message composed solely of recycled electrons. Go green!
  13. ericbphoto

Drag week.

Thought I saw a Ranger running in drag week this week. Is it a TRS member? I didn't catch the driver's name. This message composed solely of recycled electrons. Go green!
  14. ericbphoto

'93 ignition switch

Hey, Y'all. something is wearing out related to my ignition switch. I can now pull the key out in 2 positions. I thought the positions were off and lock. I can click the switch back and forth between those positions without the key. In one position, the door ajar bell still chimes, so some...
  15. ericbphoto

Tapatalk interface

Anyone else having trouble viewing TRS on Tapatalk lately? Over the past few days, when I try to view a specific thread, I get a "network error" message. I can see the overview pages fine. But if I click on a thread to open it, I get the error message - most of the time. I don't know how...
  16. ericbphoto

2.3l EcoBoost observation.

This may not be earth-shattering news to any of you. But I had an interesting surprise last night/this morning. My wife and I flew to Baltimore for a few days. When picking up our rental car last night, the lady at the counter offered me an upgrade for a good price. So I accepted a Mustang. It...
  17. ericbphoto

Intermittent clutch issue

Twice now, in the past month, I have had an issue with my clutch. After the truck has been sitting for several days, the clutch will engage too soon the first time I use it. Specifically; I get in, push clutch, pull shifter out of gear, start engine, shift into gear, then clutch engages as soon...
  18. ericbphoto

TRS 20th Meet & Greet - southeast area

So. Here is a thread to get the ball rolling. I'm not sure how much I will be able to do to help organize since I haven't mentioned it to my wife yet. But there's lot's of time yet. How much interest do we have for a meet-up in the southeast? If there is enough interest, we will need someone to...
  19. ericbphoto

Spare tire

NOTICE;You will see photos here of this carrier installed on the front of my truck. While this seems handy for trailer towing, I have found out that the tire blocks too much airflow from the radiator, causing an overheating condition. I recommend only using this on the rear of the vehicle. I've...
  20. ericbphoto

power steering cooler (food for thought)

Looking for info and opinions. The new radiator I am installing is for a vehicle with auto transmission and has the Trans cooler in the tank. My truck is a 5 speed manual. So I don't need that and plan to cap it off. I have read that OEM Ranger power steering pumps are sensitive to fluid level...