Search results

1. ericbphoto

Jeep video, WWII film, water proofing

What a great Christmas Gift. I’ll give my friends buckets of asbestos clay. I had never seen that procedure before.
  2. ericbphoto

Genius winter driving hack for truck owners

Not sure that would help my wife.
  3. ericbphoto

WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR RANGER TODAY?

Just don't take fragrance samples from Dirtman's truck.
  4. ericbphoto

How to spend my tailgate money. Need locker/gear advice.

It’s wintertime. Y’all keep your clothes on so you don’t catch a cold.
  5. ericbphoto

what does a cement block weigh?

Depends on the size of the block. They come in different widths. 4”, 6”, 8”, 10”, 12”. 8” wide is probably most common.
  6. ericbphoto

Reductive Design... from Ford CEO

You’ve never used a rotary dial telephone with actual wires attached to it and no touchscreen. Have you?
  7. ericbphoto

Beginning Electrical Board Repairs

Congratulations on getting it working. The size of the capacitor does matter for proper operation. There are also different types of capacitors and some are polarity sensitive meaning the positive side and negative side must be connected properly. The farad is the unit of capacitance. The...
  8. ericbphoto

Reliability issue

I guess I know what I'm having for breakfast on my next day off. That sounds pretty amazing. I'm also partial to the natural peanut butter. Usually grind my own at the store.
  9. ericbphoto

(96 Ranger 3.0L V6 gauge and light problems

Well, wasn't she funny?
  10. ericbphoto

stock jack for 2000 ranger regular cab, long bed

I didn’t realize they switched to scissor jacks in the newer trucks. Mine is a bottle style screw jack. I don’t really like scissor jacks either
  11. ericbphoto

How much hp can the ford 7.5 handle?

Don was talking about pinion diameter. Not axle shaft diameter.
  12. ericbphoto

stock jack for 2000 ranger regular cab, long bed

Bottle jack should be fine. I’m not sure about your truck. But on my 93 standard cab, the OEM jack mounts behind the passenger seat. So I don’t know where else you would want to store it. The OEM jack works fine. But I personally wouldn’t put any extra effort into finding one if I didn’t have...
  13. ericbphoto

Reliability issue

Depends on my mood. Toasted, untoasted, grilled, crunchy, smooth, whatever. All good
  14. ericbphoto

If it blows like that with the GEM disconnected, then it really sounds like the wire from he fuse to the GEM is shorted to ground. The burning smell confirms this. As frustrating as it is, we can’t tell you where the short is. You can either look for cut/melted insulation on the wire or you...
  15. ericbphoto

How much hp can the ford 7.5 handle?

When considering the question above, all I can think of is this...
  16. ericbphoto

WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR RANGER TODAY?

That would be the ticket right there.
  17. ericbphoto

You could unplug the GEM and replace the fuse. If it blows again, the supply is shorted somewhere between the fuse and the GEM. Make sure you don't have any wet or corroded connections at the GEM.
  18. ericbphoto

25th birthday

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :birthday::icon_cheers:
  19. ericbphoto

More tire kicking...

Are you sure you can drive a truck that has all its body panels painted the same color? It does look like a good truck.