Search results

1. TheStig88

Not getting full drop with Beams?

Installed a set of dream beams and 1" drop springs in my 84 over the weekend measured before and after and only got 2.5" of total drop :dunno: is this normal? i don't want to install the flip kit and have an absurd amount of neg rake its been a few years since i lowered a beam truck but i...
  2. TheStig88

truck falls on face

durasparked 2.8 been betting a steady 15 mpg idles screws 2 3/4 turns out decided to re-jet from stock 50's to 47's after rejetting now during slow to gradual acceleration the truck stumbles and falls on its face for a second then accelerates when i put my foot down. happens in any gear at any...
  3. TheStig88

How To: Dual Igniton plug mod for 2.3L and 2.5L

This mod is for anyone with a 2.3/ 2.5L with the dual plug head no tools required except a marker nothing needs to be purchased (unless you don't have a marker) i have seen an increase in city and highway gas mileage and some more low-mid range power (between 1200 and 3500 rpms) my city...
  4. TheStig88

dead flywheel

Apparently my flywheel has a deadspot.... The starter will not engage when near this spot, it just spins until I rotate the crank by hand I've tried adjusting the starter but it didn't improve :annoyed: So.....I'm looking at pulling the motor to change the flywheel ( and while its out I'll do...
  5. TheStig88

85 Mad Max Build

hey all thought i would FINALLY post the build thread for my 85 4x4 over here on TRS... i don't post much here but i figured i would change that (i'm mostly found lurking over on FRF) after i wrecked my 87 a few years back, i wanted another 1st gen REALLY bad so i started hunting around...
  6. TheStig88

Re-Intro?

i forgot i had an account over here at TRS. :icon_twisted: you can usually find me over at Ranger-Forums.com just re-introducing myself and wondering if anyone here is in the central Missouri area. since the last time i was here, I've lost my 87 in a crash :sad: but i bought a 96 and i've...
  7. TheStig88

Not so new from Missouri

Hey everyone I've been a member of Ranger-Forums for a while and thought i'd check you guys out too. i'm packing an 87 ranger 2wd 5spd Mustang 2.3l w/ cam gasket matched intake and headers glasspack exhaust cragar SS wheels 2inch lifting blocks in rear gutted interior custom LED gauges...