• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JunkCollector

1994 Explorer 4.0, learning OBD 1 diagnostics, trying to avoid the parts cannon!

I bought a new rig recently after getting out of RBVs for a good while, and am looking into some key issues that it's throwing at me. I've ran several KOEO tests. I'm seeing a left O2 sensor "too lean" and "too rich" code, "EGR flow lower than expected" "fuel pump secondary circuit fault" and...
  2. JunkCollector

MSD TFI with 4bbl carb?

I did some reading and saw that there are/were harnesses to convert your tfi over to msd ignition, but it didnt clarify if that allows you to eliminate the feedback carb and some of the various controls. Is there a way to run a digital MSD box and the 4bbl? Would like to have a 2-step limiter...
  3. JunkCollector

Making the Holley 4bbl work with cruise?

I recently picked up an 85 2.8 5 speed B2 after finding it was optioned almoat exactly how I wanted one when I was in high school. Its kind of a replacement for my wrecked 84 Ranger from a few years back. Like the 84, its from a junkyard. Unlike the 84, it has all the smog crap and won't pull...
  4. JunkCollector

Factory vanity mirror in a 1st gen?

My Bronco II had a little rectangular mirror on the passenger side sun visor, it came unglued when I put the visor down today and of course cracked when it hit the floor. I thought it was after market but I found a ford logo on the back. It looks like this one...
  5. JunkCollector

Planning to warm over my 2.8l

Found a source for a 2.8 4bbl manifold and carb, and am planning a duraspark conversion if I can get the intake/carb for cheap. What kind of power boost can I expect? I later plan on swapping the valve seals out, as it is smoking a bit, and sticking a cam in it. What kind of power can I expect...
  6. JunkCollector

Stuffing 35's under a 1st gen with a 6" lift

I've seen 33's stuffed under a 4" with little rub so I'd like to think with some trimming and a Duff 6" lift you could run 35s, but could a 2.8, d35, 7.5", and 4.56 gears power it? And has anyone ran 35's on a 6"? I'm trying to avoid body lifts and I can't find any pictures. Will be a long time...
  7. JunkCollector

The Orange Crusher

So the story goes, my dad bought this "Bright Bittersweet" orange Ranger new in 1984. He threw on a black frame-mount brush guard that saved it from being totaled at least once, had some American Racing Outlaws installed, and named it. Sold it in 2004 when I was 5 years old. Years passed, now...
  8. JunkCollector

Running EEC-IV without smog equipment

I'm sure it's been asked 500 times, but I can't find much about it. My truck came with an already halfway-removed smog setup, with a bunch of hoses and lines hanging everywhere, and I want to bypass it and remove the pump while still having my ignition system function properly. Any way about it...
  9. JunkCollector

Need help on assembling 2.8 Toyo 4-speed clutch

I bought a truck the other day that had a "new clutch" that "broke the transmission." Trans is fine, but what I've come to guess is the master cylinder was just hanging out of the trans where I assume it bolts in. Lots of crappy rubber-to-plastic splicing and I've not even found the "slave...
  10. JunkCollector

Howdy from VA

Been lurking here for ages and finally created an account. Y'alls tech sections have helped a ton, and I've just picked up a new project that needs a bit more help. I'm the Junk Collector, and I have a lot of junk. Some of it works, some of it doesnt, but make no mistake, while some of it looks...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad