• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Generic truck bed protection question

Hi I'm considering getting a new truck and i was wondering what is the best (or rather most appropriate for me) option for bed protection. My current Ranger has what i think is a molded drop in liner, but with the new england climate and winter salt, the bed is all rotten underneath the liner...
  2. Coolant leak at thermostat

Hi, OP here After double checking, i concluded it was really just the o-ring that was the problem, not the weld between the 2 parts that form the lower housing. I ended up getting the gooseneck, the o-ring and the thermostat as well to replace them all (truck has 100k miles so i thought it was...
  3. Coolant leak at thermostat

Yeah I’ve seen the aluminium replacement a couple of threads below mine. But I'm not planning on keeping the truck so I'll try the part I linked above, hopefully replacing the O ring will do. I don't want to spend too much $$$ and time on it right now but I don't want to make a shady repair...
  4. Coolant leak at thermostat

Yes I think it's the seam between the gooseneck and the lower part. Not the engine block. So that part should be fine then? https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NDP6052523?partTypeName=Engine+Thermostat+Housing&keywordInput=thermostat
  5. Coolant leak at thermostat

Hi 07 ranger xlt 4x4 auto trans 4.0 v6 I have a coolant leak by the thermostat, looks like it's leaking by the horizontal seam in the middle of the plastic housing. What do you think is the right fix for this, do I need to change the whole housing? Or is it just an O-ring kind of problem? I...
  6. Good ride question.

So i have a 2007 ranger xlt crew cab and i find the ride to be terrible too - glad to see i'm not the only one :D The rear shocks are supposedly new, changed by the dealer who sold it to me (and they almost look like new). The front ones were toast and I decided to replace with OEM hoping this...
  7. 100k maintenance

Dirtman adsm thanks it all makes sense. Should i change the gasket on the transmission pan ? Where do you recommend getting the gasket from ? regular auto part or stealership ? same question for the filter sgtsandman Yes i actually just watched that video. Agree on the lifetime comments. But...
  8. 100k maintenance

I'm not used to these auto transmissions and i feel like it shifts a bit rough sometimes - I've only ever had manual or super-fancy 5 clutch 18-speed autos (making this up obviously but you get the point) so i can't really compare. I've read that changing fluid could actually damage it or make...
  9. 100k maintenance

Hi Truck is getting to the 100k mark, (bought it slightly above 90k) and i have no idea what maintenance was done before. My maintenance book is in MINT condition haha. What do you recommend doing at this stage ? Here's what i'm planning, is it overkill or am i missing something ? - oil &...
  10. Smelly AC

Got a cleaner spray that's supposed to be shot up via the drain tube ... only problem I couldnt find a drain tube ! i saw water dripping i think directly from the core onto some heat shielding and then onto the fender liner ... is there no drain tube in the rangers ? or did i lose mine ?
  11. 4x4 on pavement

But isn't that what a differential is supposed to be helping with ? is there no differential on the front axle, or is it more complicated with the steering being involved ? Just trying to understand the physics in play.
  12. 4x4 on pavement

Thanks for the answers. I knew it would put stress on the drivetrain, I was just surprised by how much it fights back.
  13. 4x4 on pavement

Hi Dumb question - when I engage 4x4 and driving on pavement, the truck really jumps around when turning. I know I'm not supposed to do that (you know you have to try what you're not supposed to be doing !!) but i'm wondering if it's expected to have such an outcome ?
  14. How much should I charge for a resto?

I'd also timebox the work - say for example maximum 1 month. You don't want to start finding issues that you feel you have to fix for your friend that make the project drag on forever. If anything goes bad and require extra work then you can discuss how much more that's going to cost. Biggest...
  15. 2004 v6 4.0 Transmisson cooler line leak

OK replying to myself in case it helps someone. No need for special tool, it's a compression fitting. I will return the special quick disconnect tool to O'Reilly. Pretty easy to change the small line. Did take a quick look at the main return line and it seems more of an endeavor as it looks like...
  16. 2004 v6 4.0 Transmisson cooler line leak

I do have a mild case of OCD and would like to avoid a hack - unless the proper fix is really too expensive or too much of a pain. Luckily enough it looks like the line that is leaking is the short line from the main radiator to the oil radiator. However the other line that goes just next to it...
  17. 2004 v6 4.0 Transmisson cooler line leak

Bumping this thread. Having similar issue I think and can't find much content / threads online. How hard is it to change the trans cooler lines? Can they be "fished" through the engine and chassis or does it need major part removal? Didn't find any info in my Chilton book either. 2007 ranger...
  18. No heat

Recently went through this on my '07 - except mine was stuck on hot. Same, the actuator "looked fine" but it was just not working. If you want to double check your control panel is working, i've posted a link to the diagnostic sheet for Fords (not sure it's all 100% for Rangers) but it has the...
  19. Installing ATOTO Year SA102 head unit

There are photos there for installation of a double DIN https://www.therangerstation.com/how-to/interior-and-interior-electronics/ford-ranger-double-din-install/ The issue i mention above i think is purely to do with the specific unit i installed.
  20. What double din units fit best.

Check out this video, at the 2:45 mark I dont think you can get away without cutting the top and bottom lip

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad