• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. '85 Ranger 4x4 Explorer 8.8 Axle Swap

Hello guys, I see that the 8.8 axle for the '95-'03 explorer fits rangers. Does this include the '85 model year? Most people I see asking the question have '88+. This would be very convenient, since I have also been considering a disc brake conversion. Thanks!
  2. '85 4x4 leaf springs replacement

Hey guys, I am working on replacing the leaf springs on my '85 ranger. When I purchased the truck, I knew this needed to be done. The previous owner gave me a couple leaf springs he claimed came from a ford explorer. They look like they could probably fit, but I am not 100% certain if the stock...
  3. 85 2.8 Idling too high

My '85 ranger was converted to duraspark/HEI by the previous owner, who also swapped out the feedback carb for a 2150. I have been having a lot of trouble getting the truck to idle "nicely". It seems way too loud and fast, but screwing out the curb idle screw doesn't seem to be lowering the...
  4. 85 Ranger Exhaust Part Identification

Hello, I have inherited an '85 Ranger with a 2.8 V6. It has been modified to replace the original feedback carb with a 2150 (it looks like this one is for an automatic transmission, but the truck is a manual). The ignition has also been switched over to HEI. I am not very mechanically...
  5. Confirmation on new carburetor for durasparked '85

Hello, Let me preface this all by saying I am not a smart man, and I know even less about trucks. I got a durasparked (by the previous owner) 5-speed 4x4 '85 Ranger with little rust and low miles off craigslist, and have been reading this forum for a while now. The truck never ran that great...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad